So…I read this book

30 Apr

Happy Tuesday!

Like so many others, I’m trying to balance many things in my life. I’ve found over the last few years, especially since I’ve started to write, that I’ve allowed certain indulgences of mine to fall to the side. My “me” time is even more limited :) I’m not complaining at all, but I’ve decided it’s time for me to at least enjoy my love of reading again. Even if it takes me a week to read a book instead of a day or a few hours like it used to, I’m going to go for it. lol

So, every once in awhile, if I read a book that I particularly enjoyed I’m going to post my review and the book information so if any of my blog readers are interested they can check it out too.

Today, I’d like to share THE PRACTICE PROPOSAL by Tracy March.

MY REVIEW:

The Practice Proposal is truly a well written story. This was the first book I’d read from the Bliss line which is an imprint from Entangled Publishing. I wasn’t sure about reading a story with closed door love scenes. I wondered if there would be enough tension and physical awareness between the characters to make their romance believable and exciting—well, let me tell you, I wasn’t disappointed in the least.

This is a sweet, sensual read. The characters are so well developed that I instantly bonded with both Cole and Liza. I enjoyed Cole’s character. His humor, his touching history, and the person he’d become from all he’d gone through in his past. His internals were so well done that I really got to know what made him tick. Liza is an amazing heroine to match Cole. She is strong, humorous, and secure. Definitely someone you’d want to name as your friend. Together, they had amazing chemistry. And even though I admit to crushing a bit on “Crush”—Cole’s nickname—I rooted for him and Liza to achieve their HEA.

Tracy March wove an interesting story with beautiful dialogue. Her descriptive writing style flowed smoothly and put me in each scene—and there were some amazing scenes. Kudos to the first date scene by the lake—kept me smiling, the scene at the cemetery—had me tearing up, and of course the baseball games—for someone like me who isn’t athletic-minded, I can tell you I had no problem following along.

I also wanted to mention that there were some wonderful secondary characters. I really liked Liza’s parents and her best friend Paige. Each scene they were in made me smile.

This story was natural and an easy, enjoyable read. I highly recommend it :)

Interested in this book?….here’s a short blurb, the cover and buy links :) ENJOY!!!!

The Practice Proposal

a Suddenly Smitten series by Tracy March

Practice makes perfect, but can a fake romance lead to real love?

Liza Sutherland isn’t looking for love. Not from a charity-auction date she didn’t even bid on and especially not with Nationals first baseman Cole Collins, the guy she obsessed over as an awkward teenager. She won’t get involved with a notorious player, no matter how attractive Cole is.

Cole Collins is up for contract renegotiation, but after too many late-night parties, he’ll need some positive publicity before he can make the roster. His agent, Frank, pitches Liza as the perfect prop…only Cole didn’t account for Liza no longer being just a teenager with a crush. She’s gorgeous and smart and he’s instantly hooked.

When Frank makes Liza a deal she can’t refuse—a bet she will fall in love with Cole or a cool half mil goes to charity—the game is on. But neither bet on the real feelings that surface. Could a fake fling turn into an official forever?

Information:

Title: The Practice Proposal (Suddenly Smitten, #1)
Author: Tracy March
Genre: Contemporary
Length: 166 pages
Release Date: March 2013
Ebook ISBN: 978-1-62266-876-2
Imprint: Bliss

About these ads

Tags: , , , ,

25 responses to “So…I read this book

1. kristinaknightauthor

April 30, 2013 at 9:35 am

I’ve got this one waiting on my Kindle…can’t wait to dig in.

April 30, 2013 at 1:11 pm

You’re going to love it Kristi! Thanks for coming by.

2. Katrina

April 30, 2013 at 9:48 am

It’s a marvelous read. I read it swinging on the front porch. Perfect for a break from reality!

April 30, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Exactly Katrina :) So glad you came by and shared :)

3. Nikki Lynn Barrett

April 30, 2013 at 10:15 am

Great review! You sold me! I just snagged a copy :)

April 30, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Awesome Nikki…hope you love it too! (I’m sure you will!)

4. ellaquinnauthor

April 30, 2013 at 11:55 am

Tweeted.

5. D'Ann Lindun

April 30, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Sounds great! I need more time to read, to relax!

April 30, 2013 at 5:37 pm

You’re probably in the same spot I was in not long ago D’Ann….I’m thrilled to grab a few minutes or hours here and there and read. I need it :)

6. Joanna Aislinn

April 30, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Hi Christine! Hope all is well. Thanks for a nicely detailed summary of thoughts on The Practice Proposal. You gave me quite enough to be highly interested in reading this story.

I also know what you mean about other passions going wayside with writing. I realized that I HAD to read in order to keep my brain fresher for writing. I’ve also started watching some TV and movies–gives me an opportunity to flesh out the structure of the story and find inspiration for my characters.

Great post! Thank you!

• Joanna Aislinn

April 30, 2013 at 7:40 pm

PS, love your profile photo!

April 30, 2013 at 11:46 pm

Thanks Joanna…I’m still getting used to seeing my picture on my profile after my preschool silhouette held the spot for so long. lol

• Joanna Aislinn

May 1, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Cool.

April 30, 2013 at 11:45 pm

So true Joanna…and good thoughts about watching a little tv as well. So glad you came by and I hope you get the chance to read Tracy’s book.

• Joanna Aislinn

May 1, 2013 at 10:31 pm

Got it earlier this morning. Thnx again!

April 30, 2013 at 9:15 pm

I love book recommendations. Thanks for sharing!

April 30, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Thanks for coming by and checking it out Sharon. I hope you get a chance to read the book….you’ll enjoy it!

8. Tracy March

April 30, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Hi Christine,

Thanks so much for your kind and thoughtful review of The Practice Proposal, and for featuring the book here on your blog. Total awesomeness! :) I really appreciate you sharing it with your readers.

I can really relate to some of the “me” indulgences going by the wayside in favor of writing. I’ve recently returned to a “forced” reading program (as if anyone would ever have to force me!), because there’s so little time for it. I combine reading with working out so I’m getting some excercise and a mental break all at once. Think my elliptical machine will give me credit for extra calories burned for reading? ;)

Thanks again, and happy reading everyone!

April 30, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Thanks for dropping in Tracy! And after reading The Practice Proposal there was no way I couldn’t share. I really loved this story and am looking forward to the next book in the series.

And wonderful idea about reading and exercising. My elliptical might like that too…I’m just a bit nervous that I won’t be able to read and walk. lol I’ll have to give it a try though :) lol

May 1, 2013 at 8:44 am

Just nabbed my copy. Thanks for introducing what sounds to be an awesome read, Christine! As a baseball fan I’m looking forward to this one. :)

Congrats to Tracy on your release!

10. anti snoring

June 20, 2013 at 1:09 pm

Howdy I am so glad I found your webpage, I really found you by mistake, while I
    was researching on Aol for something else, Regardless I am
    here now and would just like to say many thanks for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love
    the theme/design), I don’t have time to browse it all at the moment but I have saved it and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the excellent job.

11. Edwina

August 7, 2014 at 11:14 am

This means the details of the specifications before contractor you think of.
    Premium quality curb inlet sack to perform the replacement
    work.

12. Celesta

August 8, 2014 at 4:29 am

Another contractor alternative is losing your balance and falling.
    The quotes are comparable. Timely as well as debris processing
    services. Together, we have to keep pace with the established concept.
    You hold non-performers accountable. We have worked with before.