13 Nov

Welcome to What to Read Wednesday!

Today we have my awesome friend and fellow author Kristina Knight guest blogging. She’s written a great post I think we can all relate to, and she’s also celebrating her latest release Mr. Right Now. I just love that title and love the cover even more.

So, grab your favorite drink and snack and sit back for a treat :)

Take it away Kristi…

Calgon, Take Me Away!

I live in a fictional world 75% of the time. Playing with my characters, ‘seeing’ new sights, getting emotionally overcome because my hero (or heroine) does something really, really … um…unheroic. The other 25% of the time I’m a mom and wife. Housekeeper. Cleaner of the toilet. Shopper for the groceries who gets the, ‘why can’t we eat hotdogs all the time?!?’ questions that make her want to poke her eye out with red-hot spoon.

Good, I see you’re all still with me!

As much as I love bebe and RadioMan, there are days when I just want to stay in my insular little fiction world. Like, maybe forever. I don’t want to clean puke off the carpet and if I have to fold one more load of laundry I’m going to lose it. Those are the moments I look for a little escape. Sometimes I’ll escape back into my fictional world. Sometimes I’ll go scouring Pinterest for a little eye-vacation. Because, for me, dreaming about a fabulous tropical vacation is almost as good as actually going to that paradise. Note I said ‘almost’ there.

My favorite vacation spots have always been tropical – I blame my mid-west upbringing with that. When you’re surrounded by Oak and Elm trees, a nice palm sounds heavenly. Plus, there is the beach aspect and maybe a hot cabana boy to help you while away the time. These days I’d rather take RadioMan along and skip right over the cabana boy … and we could all play on the beach away from social networks and pinging email and ringing phones.

That sounds heavenly.

In my new book, MR. RIGHT NOW, Casey needs a vacation from her life. She’s got reporters hanging out on her doorstep, a constantly ringing phone and jangling nerves. So when her best friend and agent suggests a cruise she goes along. Little does she know there is more to this cruise than she expected….

Tell me, readers, do you have a favorite vacation spot? And, what is your favorite thing about vacations – seeing something new? The ability to avoid email/social networks without guilt? What?

mrrightnow

Blurb:

The wrong guy might be just right for her. When her celebrity boyfriend of three years dumps her and claims he’s now gay, unlucky-in-love author Casey Cash decides to get out of New York. A cruise seems like the perfect escape: everyone onboard will be locked away from television, newspapers and internet gossip pages, allowing her some much needed relaxation. There’s only one problem: her oh-so-helpful agent has hired a male escort for her…and a big NYC paper has sent a pesky reporter on-board, vowing to get the dirt. Mason Drury doesn’t want to write an expose on Casey, but he’s in a bind. After a source flipped on him, he’s persona non grata at his newspaper. Celebrity trash or not, this story will put him back on top. Too bad he finds himself breaking the first rule of reporting by getting attached to his subject and letting bias influence his story. Casey’s much more interested in sexy Mason than the annoying escort who’s bunking in her room. Mason might even have romantic potential if she can shake her well-meaning-but nosey-fans. Oh, and that reporter. She’s got to avoid him at all costs…

CONTENT WARNING: A smattering of sass, sex and a heaping happily ever after. A Lyrical Press Contemporary Romance

Excerpt:

Casey needed things to slow down. And she desperately wanted whatever was happening to speed up. She didn’t know who Mason was. Didn’t know if he was the reporter or just some random guy. Her head said he was the reporter. Why else would he have hit on her so hard from the time she came on board? It had to be part of his plan.

But then, why would a reporter waste time talking to a random woman about her life? Setting her up with another harmless guy who would bolster her self-confidence and help her bounce back from rejection. That was something a nice guy would do. Casey wanted badly for Mason to be a nice guy. Just for a little bit.

Then she’d go back to the craziness of Tyler and figuring out who the reporter was. How to avoid him and save what was left of her reputation.

Surely her future could spare her a few more minutes with Mason Drury.

“What’s your plan?” he asked, his eyes intent on hers.

What was her plan? She knew she had one. It was a good one, too. What was it again?

He pressed his lips to hers, and she didn’t care about plans or who was following whom.

One little kiss.

What could it hurt?

Buy Links:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Right-Now-ebook/dp/B00G3HEFF0/ref=la_B0081LO6DM_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1383596872&sr=1-4

B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/mr-right-now-kristina-knight/1117213467?ean=2940148705611

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/mr.-right-now/id687704564?mt=11

Author Bio/Links:

Once upon a time, Kristina Knight spent her days running from car crash to fire to meetings with local police—no, she wasn’t a troublemaker, she was a journalist. When the opportunity to focus a bit of energy on the stories in her head, she jumped at it. And she’s never looked back. Now she writes magazine articles by day and romance novels with spice by night. She lives on Lake Erie with her husband and daughter. Happily ever after.

Kristina’s Links:

Website: http://www.kristinaknightauthor.com
FB: http://www.facebook.com/kristinaknightromanceauthor
TW: @AuthorKristina
GR: http://www.goodreads.com/authorkristina
PI: http://www.pinterest.com/authorkristina

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

November 13, 2013 at 7:59 am

thanks for having me over today, Christine!

2. ChristineWarner

November 13, 2013 at 8:01 am

Thanks for joining me on What to Read Wednesday Kristi! I really enjoyed your post and your excerpt…this sounds like a fun read!

3. lizaoconnor

November 13, 2013 at 8:35 am

I see my problem now. I have no little ones to demand I leave my fictional world and clean up after them. I only have a dog who wants hiked, and I can remain in my fictional world as I do that, thinking about my character’s. Thus, explains the terrible condition of my house. It cannot compete against my fictional world. clutter is just not that interesting. However, when a spider invaded my personal space one day, I did momentarily reunite with the vacuum and we had a nice romp around the house.

Sorry for the share, but you’ve only yourself to blame for writing such a resonating blog. Now to your book. Normally, I would advise her to run from the reporter, but I think you plan to make him special. Sounds fab.

November 13, 2013 at 10:57 am

LOL…glad you reunited with your vacuum Liza….you have to let them know you care once in awhile!

Thanks so much for coming by :)

• Kristina Knight

November 14, 2013 at 7:55 am

lol, thanks, Liza! And there are *many* days when I wish there was only the hike-prone dog to worry about!

4. Cait

November 13, 2013 at 8:55 am

This is such a fun read…nice one Kristi, I love it. And that cover!

November 13, 2013 at 10:19 am

I had to laugh when reading this because I just finished folding a load of laundry that I’d put off for days :-)

Congrats on the release, Kristi!

November 13, 2013 at 10:58 am

I’ve been working on laundry today too. It sure piles up quickly. Glad you dropped by!

• Kristina Knight

November 14, 2013 at 7:55 am

thanks, Sharon!

November 13, 2013 at 11:26 am

Sounds like a fun read! Definitely adding it to my TBR list since I loved your other books, Kristina!!

November 13, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Thanks for dropping by Jennifer. I’ve added Kristi’s book to my list too…love the sounds of it :)

• Kristina Knight

November 14, 2013 at 7:56 am

aw, thanks, Jennifer!

7. D'Ann

November 13, 2013 at 11:44 am

Congrats on the book! I don’t really go on vacays, but have always wanted to go on a cruise! Someday!

November 13, 2013 at 12:58 pm

I want to go on a cruise someday too D’Ann….both a tropical cruise and an Alaskan one…I’m not picky! lol Thanks for coming by!

• Kristina Knight

November 14, 2013 at 7:56 am

Cruises are SO much fun – always something to do but if you just want to sit on a balcony and decompress no one will bug you. I love them!

8. Gemma Brocato

November 13, 2013 at 3:52 pm

The laundry remains unfolded in my laundry room also. Meh- don’t really need to think about it. My idea of the perfect vacation spot is anywhere there is someone to wait on me. Or Playa Mujeres.

November 13, 2013 at 4:34 pm

It’s definitely nice to be waited on while on vacation :)

So glad you dropped in Gemma!

• Kristina Knight

November 14, 2013 at 7:57 am

YES! Having someone wait on us – especially since we usually do the waiting – is awesome, Gemma!

9. Liz Flaherty

November 14, 2013 at 7:07 am

I’m a committed vacationer, and I like going anywhere. Funny things give me the Calgon feeling: McDonald’s coffee, Cracker Barrel lunches, writing in motel dining rooms…

• Kristina Knight

November 14, 2013 at 7:58 am

RadioMan and I escaped to your neck o’ the woods last weekend, Liz (for a couple of Purdue games)…he went to the games, I stayed at the hotel and wrote in the dining room. It was GREAT!