30 Sep

Each Friday I will post a question (something fun, maybe a bit quirky, it’s Friday after all) and follow it with my answer.  You can join the fun and post your own answer by clicking the comment button below!

…..Drum roll, please….Today’s Friday Fun Fact question is…

If you could have the best day ever…do anything you wanted today…travel anywhere, buy anything that is yours for today only, see anyone…dead or alive, ANYTHING…what would you do and why?  I do have a stipulation…this has to be something totally centered on you…greedy or not!  You can’t give it away, trade or sell it.  You have to be selfish 🙂  And it’s only for today…come tomorrow your life is the same as before you made your choice.

WOW…this leaves a lot of choices, too many options. And by now you might know how much I suck at making decisions…lol.  Usually 🙂

Do I want to travel to a destination that I’ve always wanted to visit, and plan to someday, but who knows if I’ll ever really be able to?  Or should I buy something extravagant, something I know I’d never be able to afford (except now that I have this awesome chance I should go for it and enjoy it for today….a car that costs gazillions, a gorgeous home on a private island with maids and butlers and cabana boys—men *wink*, diamonds?), or should I visit someone that I haven’t seen in forever, or someone that is no longer on this earth.  Or pick a profession and be that person for a day…doctor, lawyer, lottery winner, famous author (((evil laugh))).

You know what? I really didn’t have to think about this too much…I was just hoping by stalling that I’d give you some ideas and choices if you were stumbling with a decision.

If I could do anything today, anything at all…I’d spend one more day with my parents and siblings.  The whole day, right through until well after dinner.  My parents both passed away about five years ago, within a few months of each other and I admit that I never really considered life without them before it was too late.  I took them for granted, figured they’d always be there.  Just because I was used to having them there whenever I picked up the phone or dropped in.

Not trying to be a downer here, just stating facts.  I’d love to spend the day with them and my brother and sister.  We’d get crazy and laugh until we cried, our sides aching, snorting when we tried to suck in a breath of air.  We’d share funny stories that nobody else could or would understand because they weren’t there.  All of us had a history and a bond that only we fully understood and treasured and I’d love to relive that one more time.

That would be the best day ever.

How about you?  What would it take to give you the best day ever?

Posted by on September 30, 2011 in Day to Day Life, Friday Fun Facts

Tags: , , , , ,

September 30, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Aw honey, so sorry about your parents. I have many who are dear to me there as well… I would give my perfect day to my Mother. I would grant her every request for the day…
    XX

October 1, 2011 at 1:40 am

Awww..thanks Denice…I’m sorry for you loss as well. Not that I’d want to know when it’s someone’s last day, but its funny how when they are gone you realize how you took them for granted….so lesson learned is you should treat each day like it could your last. Doesn’t that sound depressing….but don’t want that to be how anyone takes it.
      Anyway, thanks for stopping in..always good to see your posts 🙂

2. mirriamsmyth

September 30, 2011 at 11:55 pm

I’d drive California’s coastline. 🙂 Silly as it may seem, I’m a CA native and I haven’t seen all of my home state!

October 1, 2011 at 1:41 am

That would be an awesome day….years ago I was visiting CA and we drove along, I think it was highway 1, from SanDiego to SanFrancisco…amazing views and gorgeous doesn’t even begin to describe it. Hope you get the chance to go Mirriam 🙂

3. Jennifer Lowery~Writer

October 1, 2011 at 12:35 am

I would travel to Ireland and Scotland because my dream has always been to visit both places. Fun game and such a great idea, Christine! Can’t wait for next week.

October 1, 2011 at 1:43 am

Oh yeah….great trip…and lovely scenery…both men and the green rolling meadows…lmbo! That would be another awesome trip….and one you’d never forget. I hope you get your dream Jennifer….glad you are enjoying FFF and thanks for your comments 🙂

October 1, 2011 at 1:50 am

Oh, the possibilities…well, part of me would love to visit Da Vinci and learn all about his time travel machine because – after the day was over – then I could build my own and keep having The Perfect Day Ever, Complete with Options.

More realistically, I’d love to visit Australia and New Zealand.

October 1, 2011 at 2:10 am

ooohhhh Kristina, I like the way you think..nice going on the time machine! lol

Of course the more realistic visits to Australia and New Zealand sound amazing as well. I once knew a terrific lady from New Zealand and she used to send me the most gorgeous pictures….Beautiful land and the people…very friendly. Good choices!

5. Zee Monodee

October 1, 2011 at 2:21 am

So sorry about your loss, Christine. *hugs*

If I could have ‘my’ idea of the perfect day… Hmmm, I’d want to say, writing non stop without my brain drying up, but no…

I’d go troll the shopping mall and buy, buy. buy! What can I do – I’m a shopaholic 🙂

October 1, 2011 at 3:24 am

Thanks for the hugs Zee…I have to admit I have a great support system with my brother and sister, so that’s helped.

I like that you’d write all day without your brain fizzling…sounds like a great plan, because those days are few and far between 🙂 And shopping….um, I won’t even comment except to say…Nicely Done 🙂

October 1, 2011 at 3:43 am

My sympathies Christine. As one who knows that articular pain of loss. My one wish would be the same as yours, but for those reasons and much more. I have discovered a lot about my Cherokee heritage since their deaths. I have questions about relatives, ancestry I would like to ask my dad. In my mother’s family bible my g-grandfather is named as a chief. Oddly, his name is not Cherokee, but Apache- worst enemies! Why? Who was he? Why does my mother’s birth certificate have her father’s name purposely covered and blocked out? Why? Who did that? What name was secreted behind that scrap of paper, hiding his identity? Who was he?

And I would like my daughters and granddaughters to meet the two most influential people in my life. My dad met the two oldest before they were three yo, but died before third was born. My mother died when I was five months pregnant with oldest daughter, who is now 27. This would be my day if I could have it.

Oh! And to win huge on the lottery and the money still be here the next day so I could do what I want with it! lol

October 1, 2011 at 8:57 am

ooohhh, Calisa, I love the mystery..you have a great reason for your wish. I also have to admit that you cheat on the lottery win….lol….but I’d have done the same thing…next time I’ll have to be more strict….:)

October 1, 2011 at 4:29 am

Christine, I’m so sorry for your loss–I can’t imagine my parents being gone–they are like my friends–friends that know everything about me, but still like me anyway.
    Anyhow, for my BEST DAY EVER there are two things I wish–yep, now isn’t that being selfish.
    1) I’d like to trade places with Liv Tyler as Arwen in The Lord Of The Rings, and be Aragorn’s heroine, hehehehe.
    2) I’d love to meet Sam and Dean Winchester from the TV show Supernatural. Oh, and Castiel.

October 1, 2011 at 8:58 am

Thanks Brenda, I do miss my parents, but am glad I have my brother and sister 🙂

Love your wishes…..Arwen is a great choice…nicely done 🙂

October 1, 2011 at 5:22 am

Hi Christine ~ Your best day certainly had me thinking beyond learning how to make the perfect pizza or taking a job at Lowe’s for the employee discounts.

I think a great day would be taking a horseback ride with my husband, back in the 18th century, so we wouldn’t have the unnatural sounds that crop up in every day life; ie airplanes, cars, 2-stroke engines, etc. It’d just be he and I, with a packed lunch, spending the whole day together without financial worries and the responsibilities of life.

Cool question! Totally bitchen!

October 1, 2011 at 9:01 am

Sheri, righteous and totally bitchen answer….you are awesomesauce at its finest..lol
      I love the idea of horseback riding with none of the sounds that we just expect to be there…great thinking!

October 1, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Wow. Good one. I would like to have one day with my dad moving cows again. Those were the best days of my life.

I’m sorry about your parents.

My mother has basically disowned me, so it’s painful knowing she’s not getting any younger….

October 2, 2011 at 2:36 am

Thanks D’Ann…I’m sorry about your mom….that’s a rough one. As for your dad that’s wonderful you have such great memories of moving cows with him…definately something to treasure 🙂

10. Katie Bryan

October 1, 2011 at 2:54 pm

I would have a day with my dad and my family on a tropical island and spend the day hugging and laughing. Second to that…a call from NY saying I SOLD, lol. Probably knew that one was coming : )

October 2, 2011 at 2:37 am

lol….Katie…love the call from NY…and of course the family day is near and dear to my heart 🙂 I’m sure you’ll be hearing from NY soon…your stories are awesome!

11. Joanna Aislinn

October 2, 2011 at 12:39 am

My sympathies as well, Christine. Being able to spend time with lost loved ones is probably one of the things we should choose–that applies too, to those of us who are still with us in today’s insanely busy world.

First of all: one day just isn’t enough, lol. But since that’s all you gave me:

Besides winning a huge lottery (which would buy me a whole lot of time to indulge this fantasy you’ve created), I’d go for one of the two things that tie for top place:

1. Go back in time and hang out with Laura Ingalls Wilder, maybe in her Dakota days;

2. I’d travel to Australia to watch Rafa Nadal beat Novak Djokavic (love them both) while having a big Aussie party with cousins I’ve yet to meet!

And BTW, YOU won my critique giveaway!

October 2, 2011 at 2:50 am

Hi Joanna..I love that idea about going back to meet Laura Ingalls Wilder…that would be an awesome visit!

And I’m excited I won….YAY…thanks!

Glad you stopped by 🙂