07 Oct

Each Friday I will post a question (something fun, maybe a bit quirky, it’s Friday after all) and follow it with my answer.  You can join the fun and post your own answer by clicking the comment button below!

…..Drum roll, please….Today’s Friday Fun Fact question is…

Let’s say you lived in a very unimaginative world.  Everyone dressed in the same style of clothes, the same colors, everyone’s house looked the same, we all drove the same car, had the same hair style.  You get the picture (at least it would be easy for all of us that have trouble making selections…lol)  🙂

But what about food?  What if the world you lived in served only one type of food….over and over again?  I won’t torture you—to much—but lets say if you lived in Salad Bowl, you could have only salad choices…and I’m talking the lettuce variety.  Grilled chicken salad, cob salad, chef salad and all the other types out there.  Or you lived in Pasta Land…with an endless stream of pastas and sauces filling your plate, add shrimp, chicken, whatever.  Or Sandwich World, serving up selections from a mile long sandwich bar featuring a variety of vegetables and meats and breads…but you can’t cheat and only have veges to make a salad…it’s sandwiches day and night—night and day.  What about Soup Island…kettles and kettles filled with all the hundreds if not thousands of soups out there?

If you could only choose one type of food to eat…FOREVER…what would you choose and why?  (No cheating here…remember this world comes complete with lack of imagination…you only get that one type of dish…lol)

Now I have to admit, this sounds like a dreary way to live.  But really think about it.  Even though only one variety of food choice is offered, there is a lot more option than you might think.

If I could only have one type of food, to eat everyday, every meal, day and night…I’d choose pizza!  Lol 🙂  To me that’s an easy selection.  There are so many pizza varieties I don’t think I’d ever get bored…thin crust, stuffed crust, vegetable, meat lovers, pepperoni, mushrooms and spinach, bbq chicken, ham and pineapple…the list goes on and on.  (I’m actually getting full thinking of them all) 🙂

How about you?  Which food would you choose?  Would you make your choice from my suggestions above, or do you have your own world?

Posted by on October 7, 2011 in Day to Day Life, Friday Fun Facts

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Jennifer Lowery~Writer

October 7, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Chocolate. That’s for me. Love your fun facts, Christine. It’s always fun.

October 7, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Thanks Jennifer…glad you are having a good time! YUM…chocolate…day and night, 24/7….lol…LOVE IT!

2. cyeko

October 7, 2011 at 11:43 pm

That’s a no brainer. Lobster, I would choose Lobster….yum!

-Cheryl

October 7, 2011 at 11:58 pm

WOW..now there is an answer I wouldn’t have ever thought of! Nice job Cheryl 🙂

October 8, 2011 at 12:09 am

I actually would choose salad – because there are so many types – cobb, taco, cesar, greens…

October 8, 2011 at 12:31 am

Good choice Kristi…I struggled with that one too…and the soup one. I should’ve made a soup and salad world…lol

October 8, 2011 at 1:02 am

That’s a simple enough for me to answer. Yogurt!! 🙂 But it was a toss up between that and salad….
    XX,

October 8, 2011 at 1:43 am

Another surprise….who’d have thought yogurt? LOL..day and night…for every meal. You inspire me Denice! Don’t forget to stock up on Chobani…tis the best…hehehehe 🙂

October 8, 2011 at 1:02 am

Great minds… Scoot over Kristi. Salad for me, too. If I got tired of the greens I could chow on all the other ingredients for a switch-up.

October 8, 2011 at 1:42 am

Hi Calisa…another salad girl! Good choice 🙂

October 8, 2011 at 3:19 am

You know, I think I would choose salads. I love them, and you could change the taste by adding different salad dressing–if that’s allowed in this unimaginative world….are salad dressing allowed?

October 8, 2011 at 3:35 am

Another salad lover…the world is overflowing with green eaters…lol. As for salad dressing…A HUGE YES…what would a salad be without those. I should’ve mentioned it. Thanks for commenting Brenda 🙂

October 8, 2011 at 5:05 am

I’m with you, Christine. Pizza it is! I think the pizza is a perfect food – it has all the important food groups on it! Plus, there wouldn’t be any dishes to wash or need for utensils! This gives us more time to write 🙂

October 8, 2011 at 6:40 am

Exactly Sheri…pizza has all the food groups…and it’s a bonus about the extra time for writing…good thinking! 🙂

8. mirriamsmyth

October 8, 2011 at 5:54 am

Fuji apples 🙂 They’re a HUGE weakness of mine…

October 8, 2011 at 6:41 am

Okay, I’m going to be generous! You can live in Fruit World and have all the types of fruit there is…including an endless supply of Fuji apples! Have you tried the Honey Crisp apples…YUM! Thanks for dropping by Mirriam 🙂

• mirriamsmyth

October 8, 2011 at 10:54 am

Ooo… Honey Crisp? Can’t say that I have. What’s it taste like? (Indulge my taste senses here. We are writers after all and should engage all sense when writing, right?) 😉

9. ChristineWarner

October 8, 2011 at 11:41 am

Let me tell you a story Mirriam…..

Mirriam stepped from the low slung sports car, turning on her heel to slam the door before Vincent D’Onofrio could utter one more excuse. He’d promised–for the third Saturday in a row–to drive her along the California coastline, instead he’d taken her to his glass house on the beach to help him fold laundry.
    Laundry!
    Who did this guy think he was? She had no patience for laundry and even less patience for a man who expected her to forgo a Saturday afternoon and help him sort, wash, dry, iron and fold his.
    Once inside her neatly kept, retro 50’s kitchen, she pulled open the fridge, in desperate need of something to soothe her frayed nerves.
    Front and center sat her favorite treat. A Honey Crisp apple.
    Her stomach rumbled and a soft sigh whispered past her lips as she tugged the perfect fruit from the shelf, its coldness filling the palm of her hand.
    As her teeth sank into the firm fruit, she closed her eyes to savor the crisp snap of her first bite. A burst of sweetness, followed by a dash of tart saturated her taste buds and she quickly crunched her way around the core in record time. All thoughts of Vincent, laundry and the California coastline erased.

How was that…did it give you a sense of how it’d taste? lol

• Sheri Fredricks

October 8, 2011 at 11:57 am

*APPLAUSE*!!!

October 8, 2011 at 12:01 pm

LOL..for a second I thought you said Applesauce!!!

Thank you Thank you….*curtsie*

October 8, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Pizza.

October 8, 2011 at 9:57 pm

You just can’t go wrong with Pizza..thanks for dropping in D’Ann 🙂

11. Zee Monodee

October 8, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Pizza too! You can never go wrong with anything topped in cheese! 🙂