06 Jan

Okay, I have to tell you that yesterday I had one of those “PERFECT” days!  You know the type I’m talking about.  A day which starts out awesome and just gets better and better as the hours progress.  Everything seemed to go my way.  It was almost too easy, almost made me feel guilty, almost made me think I was dreaming.

Almost.

I love days like those.  I mean I’ve had days where things went smooth, but I usually encountered some small bump along the way that made it not “perfect”.  Not that it ruined the whole day, but having a “perfect” day is few and far between.

Now I want you to understand that yesterday wasn’t a day full of obligations, meetings or earth shattering events for me.  Nothing pressing or out of the ordinary, nothing hard or stressful… it was just a day.  A day where everything fell into place and it was like whatever I touched or attempted turned to gold and worked.  Love those days.  Love that feeling.  I even managed to get several words down on my work in progress.  A manuscript that has given me grief from the beginning, but one that I’m bound and determined to finish because I love the characters and I love the premise.  I just had to find my groove, and I’ve found it a few times, but it’s shaky, and comes and goes.  So to have a day where I found my writing niche on top of everything else made me feel ever more on top of the world.

All of this got me to thinking about how lucky I was to have such a great day unexpectedly.  One that heightened my mood and made me feel like nothing could bring me down.  You know that type of feeling, right?  I wouldn’t have traded my day for anything…even though it was only an ordinary day…or was it?  Nope, for some reason my ordinary “Perfect” day was lined in sunshine, although it’s cold, dreary and gray here…lol

I almost feel funny writing this blog, since it’s really not about anything in particular, but more to do with a mood or a feeling than anything.  I know, you probably think I’m a bit corny, but that’s okay 🙂

I even remember thinking I couldn’t have made it better if I’d had a magic lamp complete with a genie inside, granting me three wishes!

HOLD UP!!!

Am I saying I wouldn’t have traded my day, my ordinary day, for three wishes with a genie?

That’s exactly what I’m saying.  Yep, it was that good.  But…that little thought gave me a great idea…

Which brings me to today’s Friday Fun Fact question….Drum roll please….

If you were lucky enough to find a magic lamp half buried in the white sands of a tropical island shore, or hidden beneath several old afghans in an ancient trunk found in the attic, or presented one as a gift…and later that day, while you were alone, a genie appeared in a cloud of smoke and offered you three wishes…What would you wish for?

Looking forward to reading your answers!

Posted by on January 6, 2012 in Day to Day Life, Friday Fun Facts

Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. Lia Davis

January 6, 2012 at 11:27 pm

It is so nice to have one of those days. Here lately mine been the opposite of yours. 🙂

I can only think of one thing I’d wish for right now. I want more writing time -come into enough money to ditch the day job until my income is replaced. 🙂

January 7, 2012 at 1:41 am

Writing time seems to be on everyone’s list….if I made a wish, that would be mine too…. 🙂 Glad you came by Lia!

2. Mirriam Smyth

January 6, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I agree with Lia. A perfect day is always nice 🙂

It’d be hard to pick just one thing to wish for. It’d be a tossup between a Harley or Chevy Silverado. I want both for my midlife crisis – whenever that’s supposed to happen, lol.

January 7, 2012 at 1:42 am

ooohhh…go with the Harley Mirriam..the Silverardo would require you make another wish for an endless gas card with unlimited funds…lol

3. pickanasa

January 6, 2012 at 11:51 pm

I would wish that the genie would grant the wishes of all the people that I love.

4. Cheryl Yeko

January 7, 2012 at 1:03 am

Congrats on your perfect day. Awesome!

I would wish for world peace, of course. But, since I don’t think a Genie could even pull that one off…

Maybe a best selling novel so, as Lia said above, I could quit my day job and just write. That would be pure heaven.

-Cheryl

January 7, 2012 at 1:43 am

I have a that you’ll meet your goals Cheryl 🙂

January 7, 2012 at 1:21 am

It’s a sun shine day! (Brady Bunch) LOL Glad it was good for you.:)
    Three wishes, Health, World Peace, and becoming a famous Author!
    Nice Post,

January 7, 2012 at 1:44 am

I’m with you Denice….all our great wishes!!!

January 7, 2012 at 2:23 am

Well, I was going to say that one wish would be for enough money so my family and I could live in comfort for the rest of our long lives, but I think I’d trade that in for becoming a famous author, another Nora Roberts, which would take care of two wishes in one fell swoop, leaving a wish for good health for me and my loved ones and world peace as well.

Glad you had a perfect day. I haven’t had one of those in so long.

January 7, 2012 at 2:50 am

Well here’s to hoping you have a PERFECT day soon too Ceri. They don’t come often, so it was a nice surprise 🙂

I love your wish…very nicely done!

January 7, 2012 at 4:09 am

Well….

As much as I would like to say world peace…blah, blah, blah like some beauty queen, I’m not.

I would like to have an endless supply of money. I could help everyone I know in one way or another.

I would like to have a slamming body.

I would like to have gorgeous men the world over fall at my feet.

There you have it. My very selfish and me, me, me wishes.

My perfect day is riding on the mesa with my daughter and our dogs. Can’t wait for one.

January 7, 2012 at 5:14 am

Hey, if you are getting 3 wishes, you can be selfish! I want a slamming body too! lol

Nicely done D’Ann 🙂

January 7, 2012 at 4:13 am

It’s been a long time since I’ve had a perfect day, but I’m glad you got one. I guess if I had to choose one wish, I’d ask for lifelong happiness for my family and friends. Hopefully that would encompass everything we need, like good health, money, a publishing contract…

January 7, 2012 at 5:15 am

My blog and my rules…lol…so I say it encompasses everything you said 🙂

Thanks for coming by Ally!

January 7, 2012 at 4:55 am

Hi Christine! Glad to hear you had a spankin’ hot day! Right-on! I have wishes for myself, but I also have friends/family that need them more than I do. On a more global nature, to end hunger, war, and economic instability. That might take a bionic genie though.

January 7, 2012 at 5:21 am

LOL…you always make me laugh Sheri….love your wishes and the bionic genie!

January 7, 2012 at 5:54 am

I would wish for money, only so my awesome husband could retire early and relax and enjoy life. He works so hard and I worry about him. That would be my first wish.
    Second would be for me to have magic fingers. What I mean by this is everything I typed would be golden–absolute awesomeness! No editing, no going back to fix, just pure excellence!
    My third wish would be for a hot fudge brownie delight–right now!!! I’m craving one–no, wait, a peanut buster parfait. Yeah, that’s what I’d wish for.

January 7, 2012 at 7:08 am

LOL….you are too funny! Love your wishes, especially the last one 🙂

11. Martha Ramirez

January 7, 2012 at 6:49 am

Don’t you love it when things go right into place? Love those days! Three wishes.
    But if I tell you, they won’t come true LOL.

I know I had these mapped out somewhere just in case a genie stops by for lunch but I am at a loss right at the moment.

Reducing violence and fear are at the top of the list though.

January 7, 2012 at 7:09 am

Now I was under the impression wishes only didn’t come true if it involved telling them when there was cake involved. Hmmm…maybe I have that wrong! lol….Glad you stopped in Mart 🙂

12. Florence Price

January 7, 2012 at 7:22 am

Wow, it must have been some kind of day – That’s awesome Christine!!!

My three wishes would be:
    1. Health and safety for my family.
    2. Enough money that hubby and I could quit our day jobs and retire early. Maybe buy a house somewhere on Lake Michigan so we could take walks along the beach, and/or have a cottage on Mackinac Island (Anne’s Cottage?). 🙂
    3. And I’m going to steal the wish for a rockin’ body – I loved that one!

January 7, 2012 at 7:59 am

It was a great day….and they are so rare I think that’s why it stood out to me so much! I think if you get that house on Mackinac Island it should be a girl’s retreat for us women with slamming bods! Forget the hubs! lol

Glad you came by Florence!

13. Martha Ramirez

January 7, 2012 at 7:41 am

LOL Christine. True!!

January 7, 2012 at 7:59 am

hehehe..the sad part is now I’m craving cake!

January 7, 2012 at 8:06 am

I would wish for a big, fat contract so I can write full-time, for the editor who’s looking over my manuscript to give me an answer (preferably a positive-we-love-you-lets-sign-a-multi-book-deal answer. And for a new kitchen. LOL. I had to add the kitchen part in.

January 7, 2012 at 8:50 am

Love the new kitchen idea! I’ll take one too! Fingers crossed for you Sharon about the contract….

January 7, 2012 at 9:09 am

First, I’d wish for three more wishes (yeah, I know that’s cheating!). Then I’d wish for more time to write, more time with bebe and the husband, the will power to resist dark chocolate and pepsi…and I’d save up the rest for a rainy day!

January 7, 2012 at 11:41 am

lol…I was actually a bit surprised not more people wished for more wishes!

Thanks for coming by Kristi!

January 7, 2012 at 11:33 am

A contract with an advance so I’d not have to worry about my daughter’s college tuition.

January 7, 2012 at 11:41 am

Oh yeah…I can understand that! 🙂 Here’s to hoping it comes true soon!!!

January 7, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Wow! Three wishes. One would have to be financial stability. I’m not saying a million dollars or anything. That gets spent. I want stability, security that continues.
    I’d wish for the ability to crank out one book after another and never need edits!
    Then I’d wish for the best fans in the world who would buy my books before the ink dries. lol That would ensure my first wish.

January 8, 2012 at 1:28 am

Great wishes….I’d love to push out some books that don’t need edits either…in a timely fashion…how fun would that be!

18. Barb

January 8, 2012 at 11:38 pm

I”m with Kristina…I’d wish for more wishes because I’m doomed to blow the first 3. Fun problem…it deserves more thought on a long drive to somewhere fun.

January 9, 2012 at 4:07 am

Thanks for stopping by Barb! An extra 3 wishes is a great wish…or maybe just unlimited wishes, or 5 wishes a year…lol 🙂 This would be a fun ? to ponder on a long drive!