Sweet Blog Award

24 Jan

First off I want to thank the awesome Calisa Rhose for nominating me for THE IRRESISTIBLY SWEET BLOG AWARD!  Who knew?  I mean I know I’m sweet and irresistible, but I didn’t know Calisa thought so too!  lol  Calisa is one of my TWRP sisters and she’s awesome.  She recently celebrated the release of her debut book with The Wild Rose Press titled HOME.  Actually, she was on What to Read Wednesday just a few short weeks ago sharing her story and lots of intimate details about herself.  She’s an awesome friend and writer…check out her blog and get to know her  http://calisarhose.wordpress.com/chit-chat/

Check out the cool new badge I can now display on my blog proving how irresistibly sweet I am…Thanks again Calisa 🙂

Now Calisa asked that I nominate 10 other blogs for this award and then share seven secrets about myself…hmmm (that’ll be a challenge).  Anyway, hopefully my 7 secrets will be something you didn’t know about me, but if they are just pretend you never heard them before and ooohhh and aaaahhh…lol  🙂

Here’s my 7 secrets:

1. I have 3 amazing kids (1 daughter and 2 sons) who I adore and feel so blessed to have in my life.  As they get older it’s nice to have them as more than my children, but my friends.

2. I can tear up so easily…movies, Hallmark commercials, and old episodes of Little House on the Prairie.  My family gets a big kick out of this…lol

3. My debut book Some Like it in Handcuffs releases 60 days from today (cue the streamers and balloons)!!!

4. I was just contracted with The Wild Rose Press for my 2nd book titled Two-Timing the Boss and also offered a contract from Lori Wilde’s Induglence line through Entangled Publishing 1 week ago today.  Both contemporary romances.  (cue more streamers, balloons and feel free to grab a noise maker)

5. My sister is not only my sister, but my best friend and we talk at least once a day 🙂

6. I enjoy cooking, it relaxes me 🙂

7. I love to laugh…as often as possible!

Now for the 10 awesome blogs I’m nominating!!!!…and let me tell you this was no easy feat…10 is definitely not enough 🙂

1. Katherine Grey http://katherinegrey.blogspot.com/

2. Sarah Ballance http://sarahballance.wordpress.com/

3. Ann Montclair http://annmontclair.wordpress.com/

4. Jennifer Lowery http://jenniferloweryauthor.wordpress.com/blog-2/

5. Mirriam Smyth http://mirriamsmyth.wordpress.com/

6. Cheryl Yeko http://www.cherylyeko.com/

7. Brenda Dyer http://www.brendamdyer.com/

8. Tabitha Blake http://tabithablake.blogspot.com/?zx=3b241839b5fbcd5c

9. Sharon Cullen https://sharonwritesromance.wordpress.com/

10. Ceri Hebert http://cerihebert.wordpress.com/

Now I’m off to email these awesome ladies so that they can pick up their award. Then it’s their turn to share seven things, post the badge on their site and choose ten blogs to award. I’ll be sure to have them double check their selections so they don’t end up choosing the same ones I have.

Thank you so much, Calisa!  I’m thrilled to be nominated and loving my new badge 🙂

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

24 responses to “Sweet Blog Award

1. Tory Michaels (@ToryMichaels)

January 24, 2012 at 12:47 am

Sweet, are you? 😛 Very nice, and congrats on the award.

January 24, 2012 at 12:54 am

hehehe…I know Tory..hard to believe eh? lol Thanks for coming by!

2. Tereasa Bellew

January 24, 2012 at 12:48 am

I’m not surprised, Christine! You’re definitely a winner in my book! Congratulations!

Tere

January 24, 2012 at 12:54 am

Thanks Tere…always appreciate your support! And you’re a winner in my book too!

January 24, 2012 at 1:12 am

Congrats on all the wonderful things happening for you lately! I’ve thrown a few streamers and picked up a noisemaker (which is also getting my kids out of bed so they can get to school, LOL).

January 24, 2012 at 2:04 am

Thanks Ally…and how fun for your kids to be woken up amid a celebration…hahahaha…but of course I’m not sure that’s what they are saying. LOL

January 24, 2012 at 1:47 am

Cheers,

January 24, 2012 at 1:59 am

You’re welcome sweetie! Now we need to work on setting it up in your side bar so it displays permanently. 😀

January 24, 2012 at 2:04 am

I thought of that too…..more research for me…or do I mean my daughter..lol 🙂

January 24, 2012 at 4:47 am

Aw! Brenda Dyer and Tabitha Blake were both nominated! Yay!! Congratulations to them, and everyone else on your list! Congrats to you too, Christine! (can we eat the pie now?)

January 24, 2012 at 5:07 am

Definitely…there are forks on the table with plates…and of course extra pie locked away in case we run out…lol

Thanks for coming by Sheri!

January 24, 2012 at 5:04 am

Congratulations, Christine! And I’m not surprised at all! Your blog is one of my favorites–and your are one of my favorite people!!!!
    And THANK YOU for nominating me!!! That was so dang sweet and nice of you. And because of you, I’m going to have a sunshiny day–yep, I’m smiling and laughing because it’s a sunshiny day!!!

January 24, 2012 at 5:09 am

YAY…I knew I’d let the sunshine in…now we can all have a sunshiny day and drip sweetness…LOL

Glad you like my blog and I’m one of your fav peeps…I feel the same!

xoxox

8. Mirriam Smyth

January 24, 2012 at 6:32 am

Aw, congrats, Christine! LOL And thanks for the nomination! I’m beyond giddy because of this! Yay!

January 24, 2012 at 6:38 am

YAY Mirriam…..I’m glad…you deserve it too! Your blog is awesome 🙂

9. Tabitha Blake

January 24, 2012 at 7:55 am

Sorry I missed this. Been spending time with the hubby. He was gone for a month and it was the longest month of my life. Congrats on the award and thank you so much for honoring NN as well. I’m not surprised you won one bit. I have so much fun with all your blogs.

January 24, 2012 at 10:26 am

I hope you’re having fun with hubby…a month is way to long! Thanks for the congrats Tabitha…I’m glad you like my blog….I always enjoy yours too 🙂

10. Joanna Aislinn

January 24, 2012 at 2:52 pm

Hey Christine,

Congrats! As per Secret #6–can’t go there. I cook but not b/c it relaxes me. I do, however, enjoy eating so I guess I have to cook 🙂

Nice post! Take care and ttys!

January 24, 2012 at 11:42 pm

LOL…I like to eat too…but cooking it as well is usually fun and it gives me the chance to try new recipes to surprise the family with 🙂

11. sarahballance

January 24, 2012 at 4:09 pm

I’m so honored I made your list! And SO, SO, SO freaking EXCITED over all of your contracts!

12. Katherines Corner

January 25, 2012 at 11:01 am

Congratulations on your award, well done! Hugs!!