09 Mar

Whew, what a busy week I’ve had.  Actually, what a busy several weeks.  I’m not complaining, but it’s been hard to juggle everything I’ve needed to get done in the 24 hours I’m given each day.  But I know I’m not the only one there…many of you have the same issues 🙂

Over the last month I’ve had edits and revisions for 2 books, then galleys, all the while working my day job complete with a new computer system training session as well as getting ready for my blog tour for Some Like it in Handcuffs—which is releasing in 14 short days…YAY.  I’ve been writing guest blogs and filling out questionnaires like a crazed woman.  Then to top it off I decided to join another blog with one of the critique groups I belong to.  Even though I’m only obligated to 1 blog a month, it seemed to add just one more straw to the already sagging pile and I could fee the pressure.

But really, I’m loving it even though I had moments of overwhelming stress…lol.  Why?…because most of what I’m doing are things I want to do and am excited about 🙂

The only thought at the back of my mind was if I’d be able to get everything finished.  And if I did, would it all come out right?  Would my guest blogs make sense?  Would my interview questions be answered fully or would I fall asleep in the middle of writing down an answer, forget I didn’t’ finish it and send it off?  Lol  Then training at work…I won’t even touch that one.  And the revisions and galleys were something I enjoyed, but nail-biting for sure.

All the while I felt like I was running in quicksand.  I even told my youngest son one night, as I was pounding away on the keyboard answering interview questions, that I wished I could just snap my fingers and everything would be completed.

He laughed, smiled at me with more wisdom than a 16 year old should have and stated it in simple terms.  “If only you had super powers.”

Stop the press!  Damn straight.  If only.

What if I had the ability to move with super speed?  Imagine how I could get all the tasks that would normally take me a week done in one day.  What would I do with all my spare time? Yep, I’d write.  But I’d turn off the super speed so I could enjoy my story and characters and savor every moment.

Or maybe I would want to fly?  How awesome would it be to go wherever you wanted by just jumping in the air and taking off?  I could’ve hand delivered all those questionnaires and guest blogs…lol.  And then zipped on over to Hawaii, Jamaca, London, Ireland…oh the possibilities.  And I’d still have been home in time for dinner with the family…lol

What about being invisible?  Nah, I really don’t have a use for that.  I’d feel to bad listening in on conversations because people thought they were alone.

Maybe super strength?  That’d come in handy when I’m vacuuming.  How nice to be able to lift the sofa with one hand while vacuuming underneath it.  LOL…other than that I guess I wouldn’t have much use for it.

Of course if I did have some special power, like mental telepathy or teleportation…imagine the fun I could have with my kids…they’d never have gotten away with much.  lol

Which brings me to today’s Friday Fun Fact question….Drum roll please…

If you could have the ability to have any super power…be it something well known or something you make up—like the ability to be dressed and ready for your day with the snap of your fingers—what would you choose and why?

Looking forward to reading your answers.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. Jolyn Palliata

March 9, 2012 at 5:54 am

I love this post, Christine!
    My super power would be the ability to mind meld with my computer. My fingers can’t keep up with my mind, so half the time I end up forgetting what it was I wanted to type! (I have the memory of a gnat – very frustrating.) This way, I can just think it, and it will appear on my screen. Oh, that would be perfect! It would make the whole process that much easier.
    I think Dorothy Parker said it best: “I hate writing, I love having written.” Part of my ‘hate writing’ is when I’m sitting dumbfounded, staring at my computer screen.
    Let me know when you get a bead on those super powers!
    Have a great weekend!

March 9, 2012 at 6:21 am

Jolyn, that’d be a great super power. I have the same issues at time and my mind is flying quicker than my fingers will ever go.

Love that super power…thanks for coming by! And as soon as I get this super power thing cornered, I’ll let you know…lol

2. Lia Davis

March 9, 2012 at 6:40 am

The ability to clone myself at will. 🙂 There is just too much to be done and not enough time. But if there were two of me I could get more done. Great post!

March 9, 2012 at 6:54 am

ooohh…I like that one too Lia! Just think if we combined our super powers and cloned ourselves with super speed. LOL

Thanks for coming by!

3. Joanna Aislinn

March 9, 2012 at 7:05 am

This was fun, Christine! Actually, I’m going to borrow a friend’s answer to this one–and Lia’s above. I’d clone me (but more than once, lol).

I’d magically have the vocal training I always wanted so that I could win American Idol or America’s Got Talent. And every story idea I have in my head would be ‘gelled’ enough to start writing and flowing.

March 9, 2012 at 7:12 am

Love your answer Joanna!

I’m all about the cloning but I wonder if you clone yourself does that make stage fright disappear? lol…still don’t know if I’d be able to compete on American Idol….but I’ll defiitely go along with the story ideas being all set to go.

Thanks for coming by!

• Joanna Aislinn

March 9, 2012 at 7:53 am

Not sure about the stage fright, Christine–not sure I ever had any 😉

• Joanna Aislinn

March 9, 2012 at 7:54 am

Not sure about the stage fright, Christine. Don’t think I’ve ever had any 😉

March 9, 2012 at 7:22 am

Well, psychic powers would be nice so I can choose the winning lottery numbers. How ’bout the power to earn millions of dollars so life would be easier. But I guess money doesn’t necessarily buy happiness, so maybe I should just settle for “Bewitched” kind of power so I can just wiggle my nose and bling the house would be clean, dinner would be made, errands would be run, I’d be in great shape, be on vacation in Wales. Am I asking too much?

March 9, 2012 at 7:24 am

No way…you aren’t asking too much! If you got the power, use it! lol

Glad you stopped in Ceri 🙂

5. Nancy Jardine

March 9, 2012 at 7:23 am

Great post. I’d love to have the ability to coordinate everything with all the protagonists in events, and make sure the conclusions, and time-scales, suited everybody. Because what seems like a huge wait for me might not be so for someone else…or what seems like a huge burden of tasks for me might be a doddle for someone else… *happy happy*

6. ChristineWarner

March 9, 2012 at 7:25 am

I like that super power too Nancy! I tell you, I’m getting all kinds of great ideas for what I want in super powers. LOL

Glad you dropped in!

7. Neecy Kelly

March 9, 2012 at 7:58 am

Not sure this constitutes as a super power, but I’d love to be Jane Jetson! I really want one of those conveyer belts. Imagine- No Primping! NoFuss! Just Glamorous!
    How cool, would it be to push a button and have your meals cooked. Love to have a Rosie, too! And those space cars look pretty cool, wouldn’t mind one of those either.LOL
    Fun post,

March 9, 2012 at 8:02 am

I used to love watching the Jetsons Denice….and I always loved how Jane Jetson was ready in an instant too….as for Rosie….I have a Christmas ornament from Hallmark in her honor…hehehehe!

Glad you came by and commented!

8. kristinaknightauthor

March 9, 2012 at 8:00 am

Fun post, Christine…hmmm…I think I’d take Genie (as in I Dream of Jeannie) powers – the ability to *blink* myself places, etc. would come in really handy when I’m caught up in a book or revisions…and not having to actually get dressed? To just blink and be perfectly coordinated, showered, make-up-ed? Priceless!!!

March 9, 2012 at 8:03 am

I Dream of Jeannie powers would be awesome! And imagine all the other fun you could have with them too….lol

Appreciate you coming by Kristi!

• Neecy Kelly

March 9, 2012 at 8:11 am

Good one , Kristi!
      Oh I would so love to be in paradise right now. Come by and get me!

March 9, 2012 at 8:18 am

I was in Paradise Michigan in October..does that count…lol?

9. Joanna Aislinn

March 9, 2012 at 8:40 am

Sorry about my double comment-reply–sometimes the software is deceiving in terms of what it does or doesn’t do. I do want to add one superpower: being an amazing manager of whatever extra time I have, whether it’s 15 minutes at work or a few hours on a weekend. (Or maybe I just need less things to manage…)

March 9, 2012 at 9:26 am

Wanted to reply to your other post…you’re lucky if you don’t experience stage fright. I can talk all day and night in front of friends or families, but though I plow through when speaking in front of strangers, it’s a tough one. And to sing…no way…lol

• Joanna Aislinn

March 9, 2012 at 11:18 am

When you make your own microphone at 5 or 6 with popsicle sticks, shoelaces, pingpong balls and aluminum foil, you know you were made for the stage, lol. And I LOVE public speaking. Need to get my butt in a position to do so on a regular basis and

March 9, 2012 at 9:12 am

I’d want the Power of Persuasion–to be able to talk anyone into anything. What a power that would be. First…boom…clean your rooms, kids…boom…buy my books, publishers. That would be a super power indeed.

March 9, 2012 at 9:27 am

Now there’s one I didn’t even consider Jerri! Nice! Talk about everyday going your way…lmbo..love it!

March 9, 2012 at 9:40 am

I want the power to create time. If I’m running late, or behind on something, I’d love to be able to add a few extra hours to the day. Even Hermione’s Time Turner from the Prisoner of Azkaban would work. I could write for several hours, then turn back time and get the house clean and dinner made, then turn back time and send those hours with the kids, have time to read, time to sleep. *Sigh* I wish.

March 9, 2012 at 10:16 am

Another good super power! I have a feeling though it would be one I’d become addicted to pretty quickly! Thanks for coming by Ally!

March 9, 2012 at 9:58 am

My kids ask themselves this question all the time and I like their answer: I would have the superpower that could call on all the other superpowers. LOL!

March 9, 2012 at 10:17 am

Nicely done Sharon! The supreme super power for sure!

13. sarahballance

March 9, 2012 at 10:16 am

It’s not an actual superpower, but most days it feels like it would be: PATIENCE. I’m homeschooling six kids in five different grades and have a toddler underfoot. Need I say more? LOL.

Endless patience. The new superpower. I can see it.

14. Mirriam Smyth

March 9, 2012 at 11:14 am

Speed. Definitely speed.

There’s so much to do before I leave in the morning, and even more to do in the evening. The long commute and work hours I don’t mind. But I panic, especially in the evening, when I look around my house and realize there’s a crap load of stuff to do before I go to bed. So speed would be awesome.

March 9, 2012 at 11:44 am

YAY…another vote for speedy super powers besides me…lol. I do recall you saying how long your commute was Mirriam….maybe along with speed you need that teleportation power too! Glad you dropped by to comment!

15. Joanna Aislinn

March 9, 2012 at 11:19 am

And I don’t know what I hit but it must have somehow connected to POST COMMENT before I was done, lol.

March 9, 2012 at 11:45 am

lol…sometimes techy stuff is so hard to understand…I’ve given up. 🙂

• Joanna Aislinn

March 9, 2012 at 11:47 am

No understanding sometimes–just going with the flow 🙂

16. Lynne Marshall

March 9, 2012 at 11:32 am

Hi Christine!
    Hugs on all the demands and stresses of being an author – plus being employed outside of writing.

If I could have one super power it would be teleportation. Oh, yeah, hands down. Teleportation!

March 9, 2012 at 11:46 am

Thanks Lynne….all the writing extras can be overwhelming at times, but deep down I’d want nothing else 🙂

As for teleportation…I think that’d be a fun one too. That and speed are my favs I think!

Glad you came by….and HAPPY RELEASE on your Harlequin. I saw it at the supermarket and wanted to take a picture, but didn’t have my phone…so I will next round there when I also will HAVE to buy it. So excited for you !

March 9, 2012 at 1:14 pm

LOL, love this post today! My super ability would be to type with mind power! Just think the words and my PC would type them out! Make a mistake? No problemo! Just think the correct word or phrase and botta-bing! It’s done!

March 9, 2012 at 1:16 pm

And the best part to that is multi-tasking…you could be doing other things while you’re writing your book. LOL…love it Sheri! Thanks for coming by!

March 9, 2012 at 1:26 pm

LOL, love this. I’m always wishing I had powers.
    Since this is pretend, then I’m going to be greedy and pick more than one.
    First, I would love to be able to fly. I had a dream once where I was flying and it was the best feeling! Second, I want magic powers like Samantha on Bewitched. How cool would that be? You want something–BAM–you got it.
    Third, I would like to have super strength. Fourth, I’d like to be able to talk to animals. LOL, that would be awesome.

March 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Love it…the talking to animals would be awesome….especially if they communicated back and you understood!

Glad you dropped in and commented Brenda!

19. D'Ann

March 9, 2012 at 2:05 pm

Hi, Christine!
    I would like to be invisible. What fun I could have with that one!

March 9, 2012 at 3:01 pm

I have a feeling you would be naughty with that super power…hehehehe! Glad you dropped in D’Ann!

20. Martha Ramirez

March 9, 2012 at 3:15 pm

What a fun post! Oh, man–good question!! I think I would want the super power that allowed the ability to move super fast. Super Woman speed. That way things would get finished and they’d be lots and lots of extra time to just chill. And if things aren’t the way they were supposed to be, I could “fix” it in a spit second.

March 9, 2012 at 3:18 pm

YAY…another vote for super speed! I’m with you all the way Mart…thanks for coming by!

March 9, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Fantastic FFF again this week, Christine! Love everyone’s answers! If I had one superpower it would be to nod my head and have dinner magically appear on the table every night all made and ready to be eaten!
    Thanks, Christine!

March 9, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Love that super power…and then when dinner is finished you should be able to nod your head again and have it all cleaned up. LOL I’m all for easy meal times! Glad you enjoyed this weeks post Jennifer 🙂

22. Georgie Lee

March 9, 2012 at 5:11 pm

I want The Force. One power, so many possibilities!

23. Cera duBois

March 9, 2012 at 5:55 pm

I’m right there with Georgie… The Force… I want to be a Jedi! I even want a pink lightsaber, just like Leia’s! (Yes, she eventually becomes a Jedi under Luke in the books set after the movies)…

March 9, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Love the pink lightsaber! Adds a bit of girl power to your super power. Glad you dropped by to comment!

March 12, 2012 at 11:45 pm

I’m sorry I missed all the fun Sister. I need some of that super strength and speed I guess. Maybe a little blink and make it happen thrown in. Like Jeanie- I always wanted to be like her…minus the kinky outfit. We need to chat about group blogs. It so happens I received a dream invite I did not expect this last week. I’ll be blogging about that too, so can’t say much here right now. 🙂 Hugs on the day job sweetie. Congrats on the writing busies of success!

March 13, 2012 at 7:55 am

ooohhh….you’re teasing me with just a little snippet about group blogs…then leaving me hanging. Grrr…..lol