Friday Fun Facts & RELEASE DAY

23 Mar

Whew, this has been a busy week.  And an exciting one.  This week I’ve been getting ready for the release of my debut book Some Like it in Handcuffs.  I’ve been finishing up guest blogs, interviews and making sure everything is in order for my blog tour.  Which means, I’ve been spending a lot of time on the computer.

But, shhh, I do enjoy it. 🙂

The week didn’t allow for much extras though and I’m not sure if it’s because I was just a bit more unorganized than normal, or the excitement of everything took control, or if it was just a fluke and I was having a week that didn’t have spare minutes.  I am thankful that I usually think ahead, and this week was no exception.  I tried not to book anything extra for myself, and we didn’t have a What to Read Wednesday guest…which actually made me feel like I was forgetting something.  LOL  But I’m glad to say from here on out I’ll continue as normal with my blog posts.

So, after over a year of waiting Some Like it in Handcuffs is now available in print and ebook format.  So, so, so exciting.

This week had me thinking about so many things.  I think it’s from a lot of those interview questions I answered…lol.

Have I always wanted to write?’   ‘Tell us a little about your book.’   ‘Share your blurb.’    ‘Tell us your writing goals.’   ‘Is there anything in particular about writing you find challenging?’

All of these questions and more really got my mind whirling with questions of my own.  A little niggle of self doubt sometimes seeped in too and I wondered if my story was good enough, did the blurb draw the reader in, did I choose the right excerpt, and my title?

OMG..The Title!  That is a huge one, because for me the title is the first thing, along with the  cover, that draws me toward a book when I’m book shopping.  I hoped I got it right.  But it also got me thinking with how hectic my life was this week, if I had to give my life a title…hmm

Which brings me to today’s Friday Fun Fact question….Drum roll please…

If you were writing a book about your life…what would the title be and why?

Looking forward to reading your answers.

I’m also going to do a shameless plug since it’s my official release day for Some Like it in Handcuffs.   Hehehe  My book tour is in full swing and today I’ll be interviewing on Sarah Ballance’s blog and the wonderful Mirriam Smyth is spotlighting me on her blog.  At the top of my webpage there is a link titled Book Tour Blog Links and if you care to follow me around on my tour, all the dates and links will be added there.  I’m doing them a week at a time, so you’ll notice some empty links beside the dates.  I would love it if you’d care to join me on 1, 2, 10 or all of my tour dates.

I’m also including the links here and a short blurb to where you can buy Some Like it in Handcuffs either in print or ebook.  (Just because I can’t resist and I’m excited…and hey, you might want to read my book :))

BLURB:

Sunny Kennedy, the only female in a family of blue blood male detectives, is determined to prove testosterone isn’t the only qualification required to solve a cold case. Handcuffed while undercover then taken to the precinct by an attractive detective, her domineering family demands she work with Detective Judson Blackwolf, or she’s off the case.

Judson Blackwolf thinks women in law enforcement should work behind the scenes. The prospect of working with his Captain’s sexy daughter doesn’t thrill him. He only agrees in hopes of solving the murder of his one time mentor’s daughter. Once the case is over, he’s moving to Montana to heal his wounds from the loss of his last partner.

But when their investigation takes a dangerous turn, Sunny and Jud soon realize their feelings for each other cannot be denied.

The Wild Rose Press (Ebook)

The Wild Rose Press (Print)

Thanks everyone for showing all your support in such wonderful ways 🙂

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

54 responses to “Friday Fun Facts & RELEASE DAY

1. Allison Merritt

March 23, 2012 at 9:08 am

Congratulations on your release, Christine! Release day is so fun and nerve-wracking!

March 23, 2012 at 9:29 am

Thanks Allison! I’m going to go with the flow and have FUN!

2. Neecy Kelly

March 23, 2012 at 9:09 am

Happy Release Day, my friend!
    Good luck with your sales. This is only the beginning!
    Cheers,

3. sarahballance

March 23, 2012 at 9:18 am

CONGRATULATIONS! I’m so happy for you, and so thrilled to be a part of your big day! ;c)

If my life had a title, it would be “Are you CRAZY?” Pretty much everyone I ever meet screeches that to me in loud tones (or capital letters) right after I say “six kids” and “homeschooling” and since I’ll always have six kids and will spend about 29 years homeschooling my brood I think the title is appropriate, LOL.

March 23, 2012 at 9:29 am

LMBO…That’s a perfect title Sarah! I love it…and I’d think that title would draw in the readers too! Nicely done 🙂

4. Karen Lovell

March 23, 2012 at 9:25 am

Wowee honey, congratulations on release day — woop woop 🙂

And hey, great question today too. I would say the title for my life would be ‘Tales of the Unexpected’ 🙂 Just because everything is so well, unexpected. I never dreamt I would marry or have kids, nor get divorced either. Never dreamt I’d travel the world too or that I’d end up living in London…all very unexpected and fun!

March 23, 2012 at 9:30 am

HI Karen! Another great title! Funny how life can turn in directions you never considered. You are having lots of adventures for sure!

Thanks for coming by! xoxox

March 23, 2012 at 9:28 am

Best of luck with Some Like it in Handcuffs. You know I loved it.

March 23, 2012 at 9:31 am

Thanks Callie…that means a lot…so glad you enjoyed reading it!

6. myrahmcilvain

March 23, 2012 at 9:56 am

It has arrived from Wild Rose. I can’t wait to get to the hospital waiting room today–my chance to dive right in. Congrats!

March 23, 2012 at 9:58 am

Thanks Myra! Glad it arrived and hope you like it. Hope that your visit to the hospital waiting room goes smooth!

March 23, 2012 at 10:10 am

My title would be “Not Enough Hours In The Day”. As a full time working mom of 4 I never seem to have enough time to get everything done.

Congrats on the release!! I’m so excited for you!!

March 23, 2012 at 10:17 am

That’s a great title too! You ladies are very creative 🙂

Glad you came by Ceri…and thanks for the support!!!

March 23, 2012 at 10:14 am

Congratulations, Christine!!!

9. Cathie Dunn

March 23, 2012 at 10:24 am

Many congratulations on your release day, Christine! How very exciting! Love the premise. ‘Handcuffs’ is on my tbr list. 😉

As to your question, my line would be: Wherever I take my Cat!
    Yup, changed slightly from the 80s song title Wherever I lay my Hat. I’ve moved around Europe quite a bit (Germany, Scotland, England, Wales, back to Scotland), always taking my (then) cats with me. Not sure if they appreciated a big, new adventure but we usually settled in ok. Haven’t uprooted my current 2 boys in 7 years, so another move might be on the cards in 2012. Now, where to?? 😉

Good luck!

March 23, 2012 at 11:19 am

Thanks for the well wishes Cathie!

You’re lucky that you get to move around a bit and have some adventures! I have a couple of cats myself, and I don’t know how they’d feel about that. They’ve been in this one spot for 15 years and are pretty darn comfy. LOL

10. stevenloweryauthor

March 23, 2012 at 10:28 am

Congratulations, Christine!! The big day is finally here!! I’m so happy for you and going to run out and get your book! In answer to your FFF, I would write about how hard life can be, and how you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and keep moving forward.

Happy release day! Celebrate BIG!!!

• stevenloweryauthor

March 23, 2012 at 10:33 am

Christine, the above comment is actually from me, I am helping my dad set up his blog and forgot I was logged into his account and not mine, duh! Sorry! So, stevenloweryauthor is acutally jenniferloweryauthor!

March 23, 2012 at 11:22 am

Your last name gave you away Jennifer….nice that you are getting your dad set up with a blog! How fun 🙂 Did you warn him it’s addicting? lol

March 23, 2012 at 11:21 am

Thanks Jennifer! I love the sounds of what your book would be about. Great subject.

And I can’t wait to hear what you think of ‘Handcuffs’…hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it 🙂

March 23, 2012 at 11:31 am

The title for the book of my life would be: Shoot for the Hole. Have you ever been at a stop sign and wanted to pull out into the streaming line of traffic?

I’m so excited for you and the start of your book tour! Best wishes and congratulations.

March 23, 2012 at 11:38 am

LOL…That’s a great comparison Sheri…LOVE IT!

And thanks for the release day support…WOOT WOOT…can’t wait for your day!

March 23, 2012 at 11:35 am

CONGRATS SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂 If I could only make this font bigger and in bold red… I’m so freaking excited for you today, Christine!!!!! And because you were so diligent in following me on my blog tour, I will try to keep up with yours.

I’m borrowing my Life Title from Natasha Beddingfield today, well not just today, Unwritten is sort of my own life title because that’s how I see it. There’s always more to write to it, more to add and the ending is always unwritten. And since I’m a pantser, that’s perfect for me because who knows how their life will end? 🙂

March 23, 2012 at 11:39 am

Oh Calissa…that’s a great title and a wonderful way to look at your life! Perfect.

And thanks for stalking me on my book tour! Love it…lol But you already know that by my overuse of exclamation points and emoticons 🙂 🙂 🙂 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Calisa Rhose

March 23, 2012 at 6:54 pm

It’s all good, Christine!!!! :):):)

13. Mirriam Smyth

March 23, 2012 at 12:24 pm

🙂 Congratulations on your debut, Christine! I hope it’s not only successful, but amazing as well.

A book title for my life? LOL As a writer, you’d think it’d be EASY to pick a title. But… It’s not. I’ve been thinking about this since I got your post in my inbox this morning. The best I can come up is “Dust Off My Shoulders, Gold In My Hands.”

Why? The dust signifies the things in my past that no longer hold me captive, of the people I’ve let go because they were leeches or counter productive to my growth as a woman. The gold signifies the memories that I cherish, the people I hold dear, the changes that I’ve made, and the person I’ve become.

March 23, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I love that Mirriam…the meaning behind your choice is so well thought out and said. Nice job!

And thanks for your support on release day….I’m loving it!

14. Tereasa Bellew

March 23, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Happy Release Day, Christine! You already know I love this story and I’m so thrilled for you.
    Hmmm, let’s see. If my life were a book it’d be “Perfect Harmony” because I’ve been so blessed.
    Cheers on your special day!

Tere

March 23, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Another wonderful title. Loving the choices everyone is making!

And thanks for coming by on Release Day…. 🙂

15. saukra

March 23, 2012 at 12:32 pm

Happy release day, Christine. I’m so happy for you!

The title to a book about my life would be, Don’t Do As I Do. Do The Opposite.

March 23, 2012 at 4:24 pm

Great title….I might have to borrow that for a chapter or two in my life book….lol

16. Amanda Gray

March 23, 2012 at 12:45 pm

I am so excited for you!
    The title of my life story is ” I’m Driving ” because people always call me an ask me what I’m doing and my response is always the same “driving” I am a truck driver and spend 90 percent of my life on the road. When I’m home I also drive a lot. So it always cracks me up when anybody ask me what I’m doing.

March 23, 2012 at 4:25 pm

LOL…love that Amanda! My hubs and I usually talk to each other on the way to or from work and whoever calls always asks “What are you doing?” and the answer is always “Driving!”

Thanks for coming by 🙂

March 23, 2012 at 1:49 pm

HAPPY RELEASE DAY, CHRISTINE!!!!! You so deserve it. 🙂

March 23, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Thanks Kristi! I still can’t get over the support from everyone. Love it 🙂

18. jannashay

March 23, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Congratulations on your release.

19. Jerri Drennen

March 23, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Congratulations on the new release, Christine! I’m still contemplating the format I’m going to buy it in. I have a kindle but the print copy looks darn inviting.

If I was going to title a book about me? How about, “Wash, Rinse, Repeat”

March 23, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Love that title too….I can’t believe all these awesome titles everyone comes up with.

And thanks for the well wishes…appreciate it 🙂

20. Loralee Lillibridge

March 23, 2012 at 4:33 pm

Christine, I’m so happy for you and the release of SOME LIKE IT IN HANDCUFFS! I wish you much success in your writing career. You rock, m’dear!

March 23, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Loralee…you’re amazing! Thank you so much…and I have to say, you’re the one that ROCKS!

xoxox

March 23, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Happy Release Day, Christine! I hope you’re having a fabulous day and many sales.

The title of my life story would be “Really?”

March 23, 2012 at 7:22 pm

LOL…sounds like a title for me!

Thanks for the well wishes and coming by 🙂

22. Jolyn Palliata

March 23, 2012 at 7:57 pm

Congrats on your release, Christine!! I’m looking forward to reading it! 🙂

23. Sara Walter Ellwood

March 23, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Congrats again, Christine….

24. D'Ann Lindun

March 23, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Congrats, Christine! Reallty excited for you!

The title for my life would be Cowgirl Up!

March 24, 2012 at 11:25 am

LOL…Perfect title D’Ann 🙂

And thanks for the well wishes!

25. J.D.

March 27, 2012 at 8:40 am

Congrats on your new release, Christine!