23 Jan

HAPPY WEDNESDAY! Time for another round of What to Read Wednesday 🙂 Today I have another wonderful author visiting.

Please help me welcome Dawn Luedecke. I’m turning the blog over to her so that she can share theDawn inspiration for her debut release TO TAME A MONTANA HEART. And again I have to say *swoon* to another awesome cover.

Take it away Dawn!!

The search for the perfect story can be a grueling task. When I wrote my first book, ‘To Tame a Montana Heart’, I went to the library in search of inspiration. There I found a book about Missoula Montana history.  On a side note in the middle of the book was a fact about how the army in 1850 brought in camels to help with Indian affairs. The only problem was that the camels were too stubborn for even the handlers. As a result, they were released into the wild, and often confused with moose and shot. Such an odd act is what allowed the creative juices to flow the very first time. Ever since then, it has been increasingly easy to get an idea for a new story or scene. Here is a little peek at Clyde the camel’s role in ‘To Tame a Montana Heart’.

Clyde made his way into Lolo with his new

master perched with brave resolve on his back.

Through the sleepless night behind her she had

considered the woman she was going to meet. At

times, Belle seemed like a decent woman who had

been given a tough lot in life, but then Dusty would

get the feeling the woman was up to something.

Would Travis be able to make everything clear? She

had brought Clyde for support. She always felt

better when surrounded by animals, which is why

Killer was tucked snugly into the saddlebags behind

her.

The dust kicked up behind her as she made her

way through Main Street and to the Mercantile.

There were very few people out this early in the

morning, but those who were did not even look twice

as she rode through the streets on a camel. It was

not unusual to see her doing something odd, and

since the barn-raising the whole town knew about

Clyde and more than likely had assumed it was just

a matter of time before she started to ride him

around.

Belle sat atop a rented horse and waited for

Dusty. She gave an obvious start at the sight of

Clyde, but an odd smile replaced it. The knot in

Dusty’s stomach intensified when she watched the

confidence stretching over the woman’s face.

Confident she could steal Travis back from her, no

doubt.

Many simple moments in life have sparked my imagination and given me a story idea. Watching the serene scene of a snow capped mountain on a cold winter’s day, the waves crashing against the cliffs of the coast of Washington, and even a meathead at the gym have been inspirational to me. Now I have a question for you. Have you ever been out and about when inspiration struck? Give some of your best ‘that’s it’ moments.

ToTameAMontanHeart_5913_680Blurb

Running from a past of privilege, deceit, and danger, Travis Simms is ready to settle down. What better place to forget all he left behind than the quiet little Montana town of Lolo Hot Springs? His goal is clear — build a hotel and his own destiny without complications —until one of the town’s most troublesome women captures his attention.

Dusty Larson is hell bent on independence, helping her sister run the Triple D Ranch. She can do anything a man can, and do it better, so she certainly doesn’t need one in her life. The only problem is she seems to attract bad luck and danger…and Travis. Can he tame her wild ways and keep his bachelor status intact — or does he risk losing his heart?

Excerpt

She watched him with care. “I don’t know

if I love you. I like you, a lot, but I don’t have

the slightest idea what love feels like.”

Travis’ smile grew slowly across his face. “I

understand. I’m not sure if I love you or not, but I

also don’t think I could live without you. So you will

always have that.” His voice was almost a whisper

when he said the last.

“Truly?” Her voice cracked and she had to force

herself to breathe easy.

“Truly.”

She inclined her head and took two brisk steps

toward him. She leaned over and kissed him with all

the fever of a thousand fires. He reached up and

intertwined his hand through her hair to hold her

still as he plundered her mouth.

She released him with a shaky breath and

jumped back to turn on her heels. “Put something

nice on. I’ll be back with a preacher man.”

“You know, I heard you only have to say ‘I marry

you’ three times and then you’re hitched.”

She threw him a sassy look and slammed the

door shut.

Biography

A country girl born and bred, Dawn Luedecke has spent most of her life surrounded by horses, country folk, and the wild terrain of Nevada, Idaho and Montana. As a child she would spend many afternoons reading books, watching western classics, and Rogers and Hammerstein movies. When she grew up she decided to leave the quiet country life for a chance to find adventure by serving a successful tour in the United States Coast Guard. During that time she found her soul mate (and alpha male) and started a family and writing career. She enjoys writing historical and paranormal romance and spends as much time as she can working on her current manuscript. For more information visit http://www.dawnluedecke.com.

Buy Links

Goodreads

Pinterest

Posted by on January 23, 2013 in What to Read Wednesday

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

1. Cerian Hebert

January 23, 2013 at 10:10 am

Loving the cowboys and cowgirls! What a beautiful cover too. I wish you tons of success!

January 23, 2013 at 10:40 am

I couldn’t agree more Ceri! Thanks so much for coming by 🙂

2. Cait

January 23, 2013 at 11:40 am

To Tame a Montana Heart sounds wonderful, congratulations — Clyde sounds like a fun addition! WIshing you many rings of the cash register 🙂

January 23, 2013 at 11:44 am

Thanks for coming by Cait…and I love the way you wished Dawn sales…cute! xoxox

January 23, 2013 at 12:34 pm

wonderful post Dawn. Camels? And you took that to incorporate into your book. I LOVE it!

*waves at Christine*

4. Neecy Kelly

January 23, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Where can I find Travis! LOL
    This book certainly caught my eye. Thanks Christine for bringing it to my attention!
    Good Luck with “To Tame a Montana Heart”, Dawn.
    Nice to meet you,

January 23, 2013 at 4:41 pm

YAY..glad I could help you find a new to you author Denice!

January 23, 2013 at 1:17 pm

LOVE the camel idea! What a refreshing change for a western romance!

January 23, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Very agreed Sheri…thanks so much for coming by!

January 23, 2013 at 4:27 pm

OMGosh your cover is gorgeous! Love it.

January 23, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Sharon, you must be a cover junkie like me! lol Thanks for dropping by 🙂

January 23, 2013 at 6:59 pm

The camel thing made me laugh. I live outside of Dallas, and there is a camel in a field with a bunch of cows near our house. I told my kids it’s not a camel, but a snake-necked cow. Best of luck with your wonderful book!

January 23, 2013 at 8:49 pm

LOL…love it Ally 🙂

Thanks so much for coming by!

January 23, 2013 at 7:25 pm

Your cover is so amazing.

January 23, 2013 at 8:50 pm

YAY….another cover addict. I love Dawn’s cover too.

9. Jenna Jaxon

January 23, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Beautiful cover! Loved your inspiration, too. Little known facts are great idea generators. 🙂

January 23, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Exactly Jenna! So glad you dropped in…thank you 🙂

10. more

February 14, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic however I’d figured I’d
    ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest writing a blog article or vice-versa?
    My blog goes over a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other.

If you are interested feel free to send me an e-mail.

I look forward to hearing from you! Excellent blog by the way!

11. read me

February 15, 2013 at 6:14 pm

I really love your blog.. Great colors & theme.
    Did you build this amazing site yourself? Please reply back as I’m attempting to create my own personal site and would love to find out where you got this from or just what the theme is named. Thank you!

12. http://www.momto2poshlildivas.com/2013/01/our-favorite-family-moments-of-2012.html

February 16, 2013 at 3:28 am

Hey there! I realize this is kind of off-topic however I
    had to ask. Does operating a well-established blog like yours take a lot of work?
    I am completely new to blogging but I do write
    in my journal every day. I’d like to start a blog so I can share my personal experience and feelings online. Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for new aspiring bloggers. Appreciate it!

13. duty free shop prices

February 16, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article. I wanted to write a little comment
    to support you.

14. mother of the bride

February 17, 2013 at 9:18 am

Great blog! Do you have any helpful hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own website soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you suggest starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option?

There are so many options out there that I’m totally overwhelmed .. Any ideas? Bless you!

15. topito

May 5, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Wow, that’s what I was looking for, what a data! existing here at this web site, thanks admin of this site.

16. student loans

May 5, 2013 at 1:46 pm

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on
    the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and
    visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your
    theme? Outstanding work!

17. http://www.forum-apteka.g2p.pl

June 19, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Hey there would you mind letting me know which webhost
    you’re using? I’ve loaded your blog in 3 different web browsers
    and I must say this blog loads a lot faster then most.
    Can you suggest a good hosting provider at a fair price?
    Thanks a lot, I appreciate it!