10 – 4 Tuesday

29 Jan

Welcome to 10 – 4 Tuesday!  This is a forum where I’ll feature an author  who will answer 10 questions about their book and a few personal things and then 4 questions for fun 🙂  So let’s get started.

Today I’d like to introduce you to author Jerrie Alexander! She’ll be sharing her 10, followed by her 4 and then an excerpt from her book The Green-Eyed Doll 🙂

Hi Jerrie, thanks for joining me for 10 – 4  Tuesday…I hope you’re ready for some fun 🙂Jerrie Alexander

Good morning, Christine. Thanks for having me over this morning. I’m always ready to have fun! Bring on those questions!

I knew it! lol First the 10:

To start out, tell us a bit about yourself.

I’m a pretty boring person! Not much to know about me, except writing and reading books have been part of me as far back as I can remember. And girl, that’s a long time. I live in the semi-country with my own personal John Wayne husband, who still opens my car door for me. Our daughter married a Tom Selleck look-alike and they gifted us with the best ever granddaughter. Oh, and a half-dead stray dog adopted us a while back. He’s well now, and as we say here in Texas, “He rules the roost!”

Doesn’t sound boring to me! What’s genre do you write?

Romantic suspense

AlexanderTheGreen-EyedDollCoverShare your blurb from The Green-Eyed Doll!

Catherine McCoy is on the run. For the past year, she’s been on the move, hiding the secrets and guilt in her heart. When she lands in small-town Texas and meets Sheriff Matt Ballard, he ignites a flame she thought lost forever.

Matt has scars of his own. He left the big city after an undercover operation went bad and his partner was killed. Now, as Matt hunts for a serial killer who paints his victims’ faces like porcelain dolls, Catherine becomes a safe haven for him. Two tortured souls finding comfort in each other’s arms—until he uncovers her secret, and their bond of trust is broken.

When Catherine disappears, Matt races to find her, fearing the murderer has found his next green-eyed doll. But the killer has a surprise coming. Catherine will fight to the death before she’ll be a victim again. Will her determination be enough?

How did you come up with the idea for this story?

I had the hero and heroine backgrounds developed, added the hottest summer on record combined with the longest drought and then started researching FBI profiles for a serial killer who could add addition conflict and misery on my H/H. My daughter was visiting and while we kicked around scenarios, she mentioned the doll. That was it…everything fell into place.

How did you come up with your hero and heroine’s names?

Trial and error. I decide their background, ancestry and age. Then I’ll research names until I find one that fits what I believe the character will be. It’s a lot of work, but by the time I have names, their profiles are almost finished.

Tell us how a typical writing day goes for you.

Coffee and social media first. I try to catch up on what friends, family and readers have posted first thing. Then I write. Whether it’s on a work in progress or a future post for my blog, I’m at the keyboard most of the day.

What makes your book different from other books in the same genre?

Realism was the first word that came to mind. I research until the world looks level! Question anyone and everyone who might have expertise in the field I’m writing about. Even to contacting the FBI to clarify a point. The last thing I want is for a reader to be pulled out of a story because I hadn’t done my due diligence.

What’s your favorite part about the writing process?

Before The Green-Eyed Doll was released, I would’ve said typing ‘The end’! But then I received a review from a total stranger who loved the story. It was the most rewarding feeling I’ve had in years to know I’d moved someone with my words. The euphoria hasn’t worn off yet.

Love it! When did you truly feel like an author?

When I held a print copy in my hand. I waited 15 months for The Green-Eyed Doll to come out and actually holding the book in my hand made it real.

What’s your current WIP?

The Last Teardrop is still in the planning stage. I don’t plot but I plan and you guessed it…I research.

Now the 4:

YAY!!! You’ve won the fifty-fifty drawing at the local school carnival to appear on a reality television show. You can pick one of these 3 shows—the outdoorsy last person standing show SURVIVOR, a reality cooking show CHOPPED where you compete against top chefs in cooking challenges, or DANCING WITH THE STARS.  Which one will you choose and why?

Ha! My idea of SURVIVOR is a Holiday Inn without a restaurant! A few years ago, I’d have picked DANCING WITH THE STARS, but age and wisdom warned me that my rhythm isn’t what it used to be. So I’d have to choose CHOPPED. I love to bake and could hold my own at least for a while.

You’re stuck in a day that will repeat over and over, kind of like the movie GROUNDHOG DAY. Which day would you pick to relive?

Now that’s a tough one. I’ve been blessed to have a lot of many good things happen to me over the years. Maybe meeting my husband would be that day. An hour after being introduced to him, I told my best friend, I was going to marry him!

Love that Jerrie…romance at it’s best!

Congratulations, you were chosen by the royal family to name William and Kate’s first child. Tell us what name you’d choose for a boy and also a girl and why.

I’d name the boy Harold as tribute to Harry, who by being born second will never be king. The girl has to be named Diana after William’s mother.

You were part of a horrific scientific experiment that went wrong. You’re skin is now a flashing neon green, you can’t eat anything unless it’s through a straw and you can only speak five words. Which five words would you be able to speak?

“No more liquid mashed potatoes.”

LOL…I didn’t see that coming!!

Thanks for being sharing your 10 and your 4.  Please share an excerpt from The Green-Eyed Doll:

“Seriously, if you’ve got a lady with you, and we both know how seldom you have one, I won’t keep you.”

“Jealousy doesn’t become you. Don’t make me come to the boonies and kick your ass.” Hunter’s smartass tone shifted to serious. “What’s up? How’s the head?”

Matt’s decision to ask for expert help had been easy. His old partner had an uncanny skill for sniffing out homicide clues. Ash’s training in the field far surpassed Matt’s or any of his men. Asking for help didn’t hurt his pride, he had a murderer to catch.

“Just peachy. The ‘boonies’ are what I want to talk to you about.” He skirted Hunter’s question about Matt’s brain-crushing headaches. The ones the shrink had assured him would go away when he dealt with his self-induced stress and misplaced guilt. “I have an offer to make.”

“Couldn’t be better than the one I got last night.”

“Yeah, right.” Matt chuckled and envisioned the smirk across his buddy’s face. “I need your help.”

“Talk to me.”

In work mode, Hunter was possibly the coldest hearted bastard alive.

“What are the odds of your boss loaning you out on temporary assignment? Could be a few weeks—a couple of months.”

“Makes no difference. If he says no, I’ll take time off. You need me—I’m there. Is this about the missing woman you mentioned a few weeks back?”

“Yes and no. She’s dead. Found propped up on the side of the road  naked except for a red bow tied around her neck.”

“Sorry to hear it.” The rustle in the background said Hunter was out of bed and on his feet. “Keep talking. I gotta fix some coffee.”

“A second woman went missing five days ago.” Matt refused to utter the word serial, but his mind had no qualms about screaming it inside his head. “She didn’t come home after work. No trace of her.”

“You think it’s the same perp. Don’t you?”

“Yeah. I’d bet good money. And we’re pounding our heads against a wall. How many times can I interview the same people? Nothing’s breaking loose.”

“What have you got in mind for me?”

“I’m running out of time. Annie Travers is running out of time.

So excited you joined me for 10 – Tuesday!  Before we wave good-bye, let us know if there are any other links you’d like to share so that we can find you and your book online 🙂

Buy links:

Contact me links:

http://www.jerriealexander.com – website

Christine, thank you again for hosting me today. I had a great time! 🙂

And I loved having you visit and learning more about you Jerrie!!! HAPPY SALES!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

36 responses to “10 – 4 Tuesday

1. Teresa Blue

January 29, 2013 at 6:40 am

Great interview, Christine. And what a lucky lady you are, Jerrie, to be married to such an awesome combination! And so nice to learn more about you. The excerpt has me adding one more book to my TBR pile! Best wishes for many sales!

January 29, 2013 at 7:45 am

So glad you dropped in Tere. Happy to help you add to your TBR pile too! lol

2. margeryscott

January 29, 2013 at 8:03 am

Love the 10-4, ladies. Great excerpt, Jerrie. I’m a research fanatic too. Another book for my TBR pile.

January 29, 2013 at 8:14 am

Glad you enjoyed the interview Margery…thanks for coming by!

3. Jerrie Alexander

January 29, 2013 at 8:13 am

Good morning all! Christine, I love your blog and am thrilled to be your guest. Teresa and Margery, thank you for stopping by and commenting. And thanks for adding The Green-Eyed Doll to your TBR pile. I appreciate your support.

January 29, 2013 at 8:15 am

Thanks Jerrie…we have a mutual admiration society going because I love your blog too! So glad to have you visit today 🙂

4. Neecy Kelly

January 29, 2013 at 8:33 am

Intriguing…guess I no choice but to buy the book. Great to meet you Jerrie!
    Wishing you sales galore,

January 29, 2013 at 9:04 am

The Green Eyed Doll sounds excellent for sure Denice…hope you enjoy it when you get a chance to read it…I’ve added it to my list as well 🙂

5. Chrissy

January 29, 2013 at 8:40 am

Jerrie! HI!!!!!!!!!! I have had this book since it came out, and I really can’t wait to read it. As soon as I finish my book on deadline, I will get to it! It looks like such an awesome read!

January 29, 2013 at 9:05 am

I’m with you Chrissy….and her excerpt just left me wanting more! Thanks for coming by!

6. Cait

January 29, 2013 at 8:55 am

The Green Eyed Doll sounds fabulous, nice one Jerrie. Loved reading about you and your books! Wishing you many kerchings of the sales till 🙂

7. Jerrie Alexander

January 29, 2013 at 9:14 am

Hello all! Forgive me for not commenting to each of you! I’m thrilled you all stopped by. Bad weather, rather high winds, seem to be knocking out my internet at random times. But I’m here and hoping this wireless connection will hold for the rest of the day.

I appreciate all the supportive comments.

January 29, 2013 at 9:26 am

Hi Jerrie and Christine! I’m still laughing at the five words! 😆

I’m not sure I’d want to relive a perfect day like meeting my hubby, Jerrie. I’d be too afraid he’d get wise and the final round would end with him walking away. 😀 I know, as a southerner, you know the phrase “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

I’m still trying to find the funds to get your book. I am dying to read this one–and I don’t do a lot of thriller type books. 🙂 Congrats on a wonderful experience with a happy ending.

Christine- where do you come up with these questions? OMG. Too funny! 😆

January 29, 2013 at 10:12 am

Glad you enjoyed the interview Calisa 🙂

As for the questions, lets just say I have an active imagination…lmbo

9. D'Ann Lindun

January 29, 2013 at 10:08 am

Just the kind of book I love to read. Can’t wait to check it out!

January 29, 2013 at 10:13 am

When I was interviewing Jerrie and going over her answers I couldn’t help but think of you because I know how much you enjoy suspense! Glad you dropped in D’Ann!

10. marsharwest

January 29, 2013 at 10:25 am

Hey, Christine. Glad to see Jerrie (who is so not dull!) got a chance to tell you about her internet issues. She is in the boonies, and we’re having yucky spring storms with crazy winds. They’re bad enough when they come in the spring, but to have them here in January is nuts!
    Doesn’t she pick the best titles? THE LAST TEARDROP Wow. It’s a gift to hit on a title early they way Jerrie does. Hope you all do get her book. Once you’ve read one, you’ll be hooked. The great thing is she has others coming out soon! Nice blog, Christine.

January 29, 2013 at 11:14 am

Thanks for stopping in Marsha. I hope Jerrie gets through the weather, I live in the boonies too and rural life can sure play havoc with modern conveniences!

January 29, 2013 at 1:22 pm

What a fun interview! Congrats on the release and I love your cover.

January 29, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Glad you enjoyed it Sharon…thanks for coming by!

January 29, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Great interview, ladies! Jerri, everything about this book intrigues me! The cover, the excerpt, all of it! Can’t wait to read it!

January 29, 2013 at 8:11 pm

I’m in total agreement Jennifer. Glad you dropped in!

13. ellaquinnauthor

January 29, 2013 at 5:05 pm

Such a great interview!! I tweeted.

14. Sara Walter Ellwood

January 29, 2013 at 8:01 pm

Great interview, Ladies!!!

15. Jerrie Alexander

January 30, 2013 at 11:51 am

Finally! My internet has decided to work properly. Thank you Christine for putting up with my absence yesterday and for hosting me. And thanks to everyone who stopped by. I appreciate your support.

16. These coupon codes

February 20, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Great information. Lucky me I recently found your blog by chance (stumbleupon).
    I have book-marked it for later!

17. Internet coupons

April 10, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Hi, i think that i saw you visited my site so i came to
    “return the favor”.I’m attempting to find things to improve my website!I suppose its ok to use a few of your ideas!!

18. best coupon codes

June 21, 2013 at 12:05 am

I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
    I do not know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

19. free coupons

June 21, 2013 at 6:53 am

Great site you have got here.. It’s difficult to find quality writing like yours these days. I really appreciate individuals like you! Take care!!

20. new printable coupons

June 21, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Hello to all, how is everything, I think every one is getting
    more from this website, and your views are good for new visitors.

21. my publisher coupon code

June 28, 2013 at 8:11 pm

A motivating discussion is worth comment. I believe that
    you should publish more on this subject matter, it might not be
    a taboo subject but typically people don’t speak about these topics. To the next! Many thanks!!

22. mk coupon codes

July 1, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was
    a amusement account it. Look advanced to far
    added agreeable from you! However, how can we communicate?

23. Abbie

July 2, 2013 at 7:38 am

My brother recommended I might like this blog.

He was entirely right. This post actually made my day.

You can not imagine simply how much time I had spent for this
    information! Thanks!