10 – 4 Tuesday

26 Feb

Welcome to 10 – 4 Tuesday!  This is a forum where I’ll feature an author  who will answer 10 questions about their book and a few personal things and then 4 questions for fun :)   So let’s get started.

Today I’d like to introduce you to author Sarah Hoss.  She’ll be sharing her 10, followed by her 4 and Hoss,Sarah_001-A #2 smallerthen an excerpt of her book HEAVEN SENT (check out that smexy cover) :) She’s also giving away a copy of HEAVEN SENT to one lucky commenter (did you check out the cover yet? YUM). So please leave your email addy when you comment so we can make sure the winner gets their copy 🙂

Hi Sarah, thanks for joining me for 10 – 4  Tuesday…I hope you’re ready for some fun 🙂

First the 10:

To start out, tell us a bit about yourself.

I am a wife of 17yrs. and a mother to a 16 yr. old daughter and to two boys who are 15 and 11. I love to dance and I took dance lessons for 16 yrs. from the ages of 6-22.  I was also a teacher. I love to go camping. Umm… and I think I am addicted to chocolate. Is there therapy for that?

I’m addicted to chocolate too…and if there isn’t therapy we should start a support group at the very least! lol What’s genre (s) do you write?

I mainly write in historical paranormal romance but I also write in contemporary romance.

HeavenSent_w6255_750Share your blurb from HEAVEN SENT!

When forgiveness heals the soul, love heals the heart.

Flight nurse Tenlee Hawkins is used to making quick decisions, but one decision she made the Christmas day her mother died haunts her. Wrestling with the past, she spirals into depression—until the day she finds a man unconscious in her woods and saves his life.

When Sam awakens in the hospital with a concussion and no memory, Tenlee rescues him again. She takes him into her home and her life. But as Sam recovers and remembers who he is, he’s torn. A guardian angel isn’t supposed to fall in love.

As the promise of true love grows, Tenlee realizes that Sam has helped her much more than she ever helped him. But Sam is filled with guilt knowing he must soon leave. Will it take a Christmas miracle to find the life with Tenlee he’s always wanted?

How many books do you have published and if more than 1 would you please share the titles?

I only have the one published right now but my second book comes out in January.

Do you prefer to write in the morning, afternoon, or night…or are you one of those lucky authors who can write anywhere or anytime?

I can write anywhere or anytime but I prefer to write in the morning when the husband and kids have left for the day. It’s nice and quiet.

What’s one of your favorite lines from your book?

“I was only a man trying to bury his failures in a random moment of selfishness and a tall bottle of oblivion.”

Nice one! What was your inspiration for this story?

I started this story for a contest and there were guidelines I had to follow. When I decided to do it, I used my friend’s job as a flight nurse and went from there.

What’s your favorite part about the writing process?

Writing “THE END”, lol, seriously, for me…. It’s the research. I love to research things.

And I bet you do like writing the end too…I know I do! lol What are your writing goals for 2013?

To finish more books. I am hoping to hit a couple of conventions promoting the two that I have also.

What’s your current WIP?

My novel coming out is about a guy and he has two brothers. Each brother gets their own book so I am working on those. This is not a series. The book coming out is titled Dreams of the Highlander.

Congrats on your upcoming release and your other WIP’s 🙂 Now the 4:

The world’s axis is off kilter and everyone has been thrown off as well. There are four changes that have affected the people of earth and the lucky thing is that they can choose their oddity. They have to walk and drive in reverse, sing instead of speak, sleep standing on their head, or never taste anything they eat. Which oddity would you pick?

I would walk and drive in reverse. Why not? Might be interesting.

You’re stuck in a day that will repeat over and over, kind of like the movie GROUNDHOG DAY. Which day would you pick to relive?

I would pick my wedding day. It was a major part of my life and the entire day was so much fun. I also had few family members there that are no longer alive.

You get to have a book a day sent to you for the rest of your life…do you want your reads sent in ebook format for your ereader or do you want it in print—paperback or hardcover?

I like to have a book I can hold and I don’t care if it is in paperback or hardcover. I presently don’t own an e-reader.

Would you rather sing in public, give a speech in nothing but your underwear to a crowded convention hall filled with at least 15,000 people, or run barefoot over hot coals the length of ten feet in order to get something you want more than anything?

I would sing in public.

🙂  So excited you joined me for 10 – Tuesday!  Before we wave good-bye, let us know if there are any other links you’d like to share so that we can find you and your book online 🙂

You can find me and my books at:

BLOG- Heart of Romance www.heart-of-romance.blogspot.com

WEBSITE- www.sarahhoss.com

TWITTER- @SarahHoss1

FACEBOOK- https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sarah-Hoss/237219983049037#!/pages/Sarah-Hoss/237219983049037

I am also on LinkedIN and Pinterest.

You can find Heaven Sent at The Wild Rose Press or Amazon.

AUTHOR BIO:

Sarah Hoss grew up believing she could try anything and if she set her mind to it, she would succeed. Sixteen years of dance lessons, Cheerleading, and school plays proved to her that her parent’s words rang true. Writing was no exception. Reading the Outlander series made her fall in love with time travels and the historical places books could take her. Always a child with a vivid imagination, she realized as an adult, she could put her imagination to good use and began writing. Marrying her very own hero, they live in Indiana in the town where she grew up. They have three beautiful children and one hyper dog. When Sarah isn’t writing, she enjoys gardening, camping, and watching her kids’ play sports.

Posted by on February 26, 2013 in 10 - 4 Tuesday

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

48 responses to “10 – 4 Tuesday

1. Loralee Lillibridge

February 26, 2013 at 6:14 am

Sarah, I loved your answers to Christine’s thought-provoking (zany?) questions. And Christine, thanks for adding another new author to my TBR list. Heaven Sent sounds intriguing.
    Wishing you much success in your writing career, Sarah!

February 26, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Thanks for stopping in Loralee..and I’m not only glad you like my questions, but found a new author 🙂

February 26, 2013 at 8:55 pm

Thanks for stopping by Loralee! Nice to meet you. I had a great time answering her questions. It was a fun and different way to do it. I hope you like the book! Good luck!

2. Neecy Kelly

February 26, 2013 at 8:14 am

Hi Sarah,
    Great to meet you! To be able to write in different generes is awesome. I agree with Christine, ‘great cover’.
    I wish you all the best with Heaven Sent, your future writing and your release in January.

February 26, 2013 at 5:08 pm

So glad you dropped in Denice…thanks 🙂

February 26, 2013 at 9:49 pm

Hello Neecy! I’m sorry I am just getting here to answer everyone. My internet has been awful all day. Thank you for the compliment on my cover and for the best wishes.

February 26, 2013 at 10:12 am

This looks like a fabulous book and I can’t wait to read it! Awesome cover, too. LOL at Christine’s questions!!

February 26, 2013 at 5:09 pm

teehee…so glad you like the questions Sheri…it’s fun coming up with them. Thanks for coming by and meeting Sarah and adding her book to your tbr 🙂

February 26, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Thanks Sheri, I hope you like it. I appreciate you stopping by and visiting Christine and I today! Good luck in the drawing.

4. marsharwest

February 26, 2013 at 10:48 am

Fun interview, Christine. Congrats on the new book and the second on, Sarah. Gotta be exciting for you. Cover is definitely eye-catching!

February 26, 2013 at 5:09 pm

So glad you came by Marsha..thank you 🙂

February 26, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Hi Marsha! Being published and all that it entails has been so exciting. But the most exciting part is having people read my stories! Thanks for stopping by!

5. Linda Joyce

February 26, 2013 at 12:02 pm

I love the questions and the answers even more! The book tugs at my heart. Christmas. Mother…who died. I wish you every success!

Smiles,

Linda Joyce

February 26, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Hi Linda! So glad you enjoyed the interview. Thanks so much for coming by.

February 26, 2013 at 9:54 pm

This is a definitely a book to tug at the heart heart strings and it reminds us that forgiveness is the best medicine. Thanks for the well wishes!

6. Cait

February 26, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Love your interviews, Christine, and lovely to meet you, Sarah. Heaven Sent sounds fab and that cover is simply divine 🙂 Chocolate and camping — when do we go?! The very best of luck with your release :).

February 26, 2013 at 5:11 pm

Wonderful to hear you enjoy the interviews Cait…that makes my day 🙂 And when you and Sarah go camping..don’t forget to call me..I always have plenty of chocolate! lol

February 26, 2013 at 9:56 pm

It’s nice to meet you too, Cait. Thanks for stopping by. As for camping and chocolate, I am ready to go anytime! LOL! I’m glad you like the cover, he is pretty HAWT!

February 26, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Hiiii Sar-rah! Hi Christiiine! You already know my email by now so I’ll spend my letters saying What a fun interview and, hang on while I drool over that cover one more time… Ok, so I think I would sing in public and move backward too. LOL Congrats and good luck Sarah.

February 26, 2013 at 5:45 pm

LMBO…it’s always good to see you Calisa…and thanks for answering the questions too ! And Sarah’s cover is awesome…gotta love it. Thanks for coming by Calisa!

February 26, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Miss Calisa…. thank you for stopping by my lady! Thanks for the compliment on my cover and I’m glad you liked the interview! I really appreciate you stopping by!

8. Niecey Roy-RomanceAuthor

February 26, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Christine!!! Your author features are fantastic 🙂 And Sarah, I’m with you, I’d rather have a physical book in hand. I do have an e-Reader, but honestly, reading books of my e-Reader feels like work. I spend so much time on a computer that relaxing to me is still a physical book in hand.

February 26, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Thanks Niecey, I’m so glad you enjoy the interviews 🙂 I always love to hear everyone’s take on ereader vs book in hand. I enjoy the option of both. There are some books that are a “MUST HAVE” in print, but I also like the convenience of being able to travel with 100’s or 1000’s of books in my purse. lol

Thanks for coming by.

February 26, 2013 at 9:59 pm

Niecey, hello! **waves** I agree with you on the e-reader. I really do want one because I want to be able to read fellow author’s books, that will only be in e-book form and I really don’t want to read them on the computer since I work on it all the time. Thanks for stopping by!

9. Gail Brashear

February 26, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Fun interview! Very creative. I’m anxious to get my hands on this book Sarah! I’ve always been one of your biggest fans!!

February 26, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Thanks for coming by Gail..hope you enjoy Sarah’s book…it definitely sounds like a winner!

February 26, 2013 at 10:00 pm

Hi Gail! Thanks for the sweet compliment about being such a fan… I love it! I appreciate you stopping by and supporting me and I hope you will like the story!

10. Melissa Stark

February 26, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I thought the interview questions were great, Christine! How fun!

Sarah – I love the cover and the story was very tender and moving. I can’t wait for your sexy highlanders to set Amazon on fire! 🙂

February 26, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Hello Meilssa! Thanks for coming by, your support means a lot to me! I’m glad you love the story!

February 27, 2013 at 10:34 am

Thanks Melissa….I appreciate you coming by 🙂

11. Sarah Hoss

February 26, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Christine, thank you so much for having me here today! I really appreciate the opportunity! It’s been a lot of fun and I am so sorry it took me so long to get in here and greet everyone! Great blog!

February 27, 2013 at 10:35 am

I’ve enjoyed having you visit Sarah…and for being such a good sport with my crazy questions 🙂

February 26, 2013 at 10:36 pm

I would have chosen to run across hot coals – yes, my singing is that bad! Fun interview, ladies! Best of luck with your books, Sarah.

February 27, 2013 at 6:52 am

Thank you Ally for your support and stopping by! As for singing, I won’t break glass when I do it, but no one would offer me a contract either and I HATE pain, so I went the easy way. LOL!

February 27, 2013 at 10:36 am

LOL…love it Sarah 🙂

February 27, 2013 at 10:35 am

LOL…I can’t believe your singing is so bad you’d want to burn your tootsies…OUCH! Glad you dropped in Ally 🙂

13. Jennifer Page(JC)

February 26, 2013 at 10:44 pm

Love the interview Sarah! I agree with the book-in-hand vs ebook reader. I don’t own one…yet?
    Beautiful to hear you would choose your wedding day over and over again:)

February 27, 2013 at 6:53 am

Thanks Jennifer for stopping by. There were a few days I would love to revisit, the births of my children being among them.

February 27, 2013 at 10:36 am

Thanks for coming by Jennifer 🙂

14. Pat McDermott

February 27, 2013 at 6:59 am

Great site, Christine, and what an entertaining interview! Nicely done, ladies, Sarah, I’m afraid there’s no cure for chocolate addiction. You’re stuck with it. All the best to you and Heaven Sent!

February 27, 2013 at 10:37 am

Thanks for the compliment Pat….and I agree with you about chocolate 🙂 lol

February 27, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I figured there wouldn’t be a cure for chocolate addiction and I have to admit if I am kinda glad!!!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

15. ellaquinnauthor

February 27, 2013 at 9:50 am

Sorry I’m so late. What a great interview, ladies. Sarah, congratulations on your book!!

February 27, 2013 at 10:37 am

So glad you dropped in Ella…thank you!

February 27, 2013 at 1:11 pm

Thanks for stopping by! Better late than never I say!

16. ChristineWarner

February 27, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Drum roll please!!!!! The winner of the Sarah’s book HEAVEN SENT is Calisa Rhose! WOOT WOOT…congrats Calisa. Sarah will be contacting you shorty via email 🙂

17. Niecey Roy-RomanceAuthor