20 Mar

Woot Woot…it’s Wednesday and you know what that means! Yep, it’s time for What to Read Wednesday. Today I have one of my sisters from The Wild Rose Press joining us…please help me in welcoming Niecey Roy. She’s super nice and I can’t wait for you to learn more about her and her FenderBenderBlues_w7492_300book FENDER BENDER RULES. The title alone grabs my curiosity and I just love the cover…by looks alone I can feel the fun in this story.

Niecey is sharing a special guest post with us and I for one hopes she can get her hubs to help fulfill her writing dream space…

Where Would You Write?

I think every writer probably has their “write spot.” And then every writer has their “dream write spot.” I am no exception.

For as long as I can remember, I’ve been a writer. Well, that’s not true, I was a bookworm first, and even then I craved solitude over running around the neighborhood with all the other kids. That’s just who I was—the girl with her nose in a book. When I started writing stories in the third grade, my preference for “space” only grew. I just liked to be somewhere I could hear my own thoughts.

The dream of having that perfect writing spot really began in high school. I always imagined one day being able to have a cabin somewhere, and it would probably be on a mountain. Or I’d have a cottage in the English countryside, or a villa in Italy overlooking vineyards. I realized it was just a dream, that I wouldn’t be able to have that unless I actually lived in those places. I mean, who can really afford to have a “real” house and a dream cottage??? No one I know personally!

And so, because it was a dream, I knew it meant I could imagine anything I wanted. As an adult, that dream for the perfect writing spot hasn’t gone away. I still want it. I’m sure other writers, or maybe just someone who enjoys silence and a good book can relate to how much I really, really want my own little writing cottage. Maybe something like this. My dream writing cottage

I’ve been planning on ways to approach my husband into turning what he’s deemed his yard shed into my writing cottage. I think it would be perfect for me! It’s in the backyard, detached from the house, and I could be close to the kids when they play. And, if it ends up looking as cute as the picture above and I can have my quiet time, it will be PERFECT. Here’s a picture of my backyard, and you can just make out the little yellow shed behind the tree and the little arbor. backyard

Now, it’s going to take some work to convince the Hubs that this is the perfect idea. In fact, it’s probably going to take a miracle to convince him. But I’m nothing, if not persistent! My goal this year is to convince the Hubs, and then convince him to do all the carpentry stuff. Honestly, I have my work cut out for me. But this is a challenge I am willing to take on.

I’m sure someday I’ll want to be able to actually travel around the world and find inspiring locations to weave my stories. But for right now, the little cottage in my backyard is my goal. This is an everyday “write spot” dream.

What about you? If you could write anywhere (and money were no object, of course) would you choose a little cottage in your backyard, or would you go somewhere far, far away?

“Classic cars, garden gnomes, and steamy romance? My kind of book!”

~Bestselling Author Kate Perry

FENDER BENDER BLUES

Her life took a wrong turn. He’s driven by success. They didn’t count on crashing into love…

Rachel Bennett loved her job until the day she finds herself doubting her choices.  Now she’s hunting for a new career, but starting over isn’t easy.  Her plan is simple—no distractions until she finds her dream job.  She didn’t plan on fate throwing her a curveball in the form of a fender bender with a sexy guy in an expensive suit.

Craig Larsen is a wealthy, successful business owner with a plan of his own: survive his current PR nightmare and stay away from his overly determined ex-girlfriend.  His need for control and personal success is turned upside down when he meets Rach, a sassy redhead who can’t drive.

Soon they find themselves battling with Rach’s grumpy old neighbor, toilet-papering the trees of a high school nemesis, and fighting over the last slice of pizza.  Can two very different people plus one fender bender equal a chance at forever?

Buy link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B5L71YQ/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00B5L71YQ&linkCode=as2&tag=nieroy-20

Niecey Roy

Fender Bender Blues, a romantic comedy

Print & E-book available NOW at Amazon
Print available NOW at The Wild Rose Press

Available everywhere May 3, 2013
nieceyroy@gmail.com

Posted by on March 20, 2013 in What to Read Wednesday

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Sandra Dailey

March 20, 2013 at 9:01 am

Do it! I’d give anything for a writing place like that. Good luck.

• Niecey Roy-RomanceAuthor

March 20, 2013 at 10:12 am

I’ll probably have to pull the “I gave birth to your children, and it hurt” bit, but I’m good with that. Maybe, I will even tear up a little. HA HA!!! This is necessary…I must have my little writing shed!

March 20, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Me too Sandra! I hope Niecey gets her dream writing space 🙂 Thanks for coming by.

2. Niecey Roy-RomanceAuthor

March 20, 2013 at 10:11 am

Thanks for having me, Christine!

March 20, 2013 at 6:06 pm

Thanks for joining me Niecey…loved getting to know you better 🙂

March 20, 2013 at 10:17 am

I want a writer’s cottage, too, Niecey…in fact there is a house across town that *has* one (although I don’t think a writer lives there…maybe it’s a workshop now) and if it ever goes on the market, I *want* it! lol Great excerpt, thanks for sharing!

March 20, 2013 at 6:07 pm

That sounds like an awesome place too Kristi. How nice would it be to have your own little “clubhouse” writing spot. I wonder how productive I’d be? hmmm

March 20, 2013 at 10:21 am

I’ve been trying to convince the Hubs that I need a private, away from the kids, room to write in. ALMOST had it when he suggested building himself an office apart from the house for his contracting business. Ugh…plans fell thru. Pretty pics!

March 20, 2013 at 6:07 pm

Awww..I hope plans change and you get your spot Sheri. Thanks for coming by 🙂

5. Terri Muhich

March 20, 2013 at 10:30 am

Gorgeous. Shared on Facebook.

6. Cait

March 20, 2013 at 10:59 am

Fender Bender sounds fabulous, Niecey! And you’ve got a pretty gorgeous garden and tentative writing space too. I always thought I’d go for the room of her own type thing to write in but the more experienced I get at writing, the more I understand that I need noise in order to create. For me the ideal space is a coffee shop, where according to something seen on FB (so obviously true, then) the mixture of commotion and calm is known to get your creativity going! That’s me…! Although I do dream of arising and going to Inisfree, and a small cabin of clay and wattles made 🙂

March 20, 2013 at 6:09 pm

I’m jealous Cait…I wish I was productive in commotion. I prefer quiet, although I have been known to write at the coffee shop, but I go at odd times so nobody is there. lol So glad you came by 🙂

7. Niecey Roy-RomanceAuthor

March 20, 2013 at 11:18 am

Right now, when I need to be super creative and productive, I have to go to the coffee shop to write. But it’s not a bustling coffee shop, just a quite spot with not much traffic. I get so distracted at home when my kids walk through my office (it’s not an ideal space as it’s in-between the kitchen and the hallway to the rooms and bathroom on the main floor. Instead of walking around, everyone walks THROUGH. ha 🙂

March 20, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Definitely do it! We writers deserve our space! Men get ‘man caves’, lol. Your book sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

March 20, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Thanks for coming by Jennifer 🙂

• Niecey Roy-RomanceAuthor

March 20, 2013 at 10:19 pm

You are so right, Jennifer! When you put it that way, he does have a detached shop which he swears he can’t live without… This is no different. I can’t wait to argue this point 🙂 ha!

9. Sara Walter Ellwood

March 20, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Great interview, ladies. Congrats, Niecey!

10. Niecey Roy-RomanceAuthor

March 20, 2013 at 10:19 pm

Thanks for stopping by, Sara 🙂

11. Linda Joyce

March 21, 2013 at 9:54 am

The book sounds exciting! The cover is vibrant and enticing. I’ll be downloading it today.

Would it help for us to help you launch a campaign to have your writing cottage? I saw a photo of a tree house turned “small space” with windows, a comfortable chair and windows. That’s what I’m hoping for, though I’m think the neigbors will complain.

Smiles,

Linda Joyce

• Niecey Roy-RomanceAuthor

March 21, 2013 at 1:24 pm

Yes! Let’s campaign 🙂 ha ha!!! If we gang up on my husband, he’ll have to say yes… 😉 All I want is a tiny little desk and a chair in there and a window that opens up. Oh, and doors that I can leave open in the summer. It’s a reasonable request, right??? I wish I knew more about carpentry, I’d do it myself. It can’t be too difficult to drywall and hang new doors and put in a window…can it? They make it look so simple on the renovation shows on HGTV! ha

• Linda Joyce

March 21, 2013 at 10:18 pm

Niecey,

Whoa!!! I am living in an almost totally remodeled house. Two long years of work…and we’re now starting on the outside. I’m so over construction. But, I’ll help you supervise some hot guys who can do the work.

Smiles,

LJ

12. ChristineWarner

March 21, 2013 at 5:28 pm

LOL @ Niecey…I love HGTV. Now I speak from watching my sister and she makes all that stuff look easy. I’ve watched her tile, drywall, put in a new toilet, put up light fixtures and much more. I myself like to hire that stuff out. lmbo

Good luck with your writing space….I hope your hubs gets it done for you and thanks again for coming by What to Read Wednesday. Loved learning more about you and your book!