Soul Taker by Karen Michelle Nutt (Urban Fantasy) book blitz

29 Apr

About Soul Taker

Picture

No soul is safe…

A vampire from the Grim Sith sept is sucking the souls out of young women from the Boston area, but this sinister crime is far worse than a vampire seeking substance. He’s selling the souls to the highest bidder and it seems business is booming.

A vampire, a werewolf and a Necromancer, are a most unlikely team, but Garran, Harrison and Isabella plan on putting a kink in the dubbed Soul Taker’s plans. It’s personal now. One of their friends has fallen victim to the Soul Taker’s charms, but to stop him from hurting anyone else, their efforts may involve raising the dead.

Excerpt

The night awakened everything dark and foreboding, allowing them to walk among the humans. Garran MacLaurin would be considered such a creature, though with practice he learned to control his unusual appetite to destroy everything in his wake.

From the shadows, Garran watched Isabella Lucci lock her car, the beep of the alarm echoing in the hospital’s carport.
She wore a tan long-sleeve shirt with jeans, which looked tailored to fit her trim figure, and designer boots. She turned to go toward the hospital entrance, but something caught her attention. Her feet stilled. Her gaze turned toward him and apprehension crossed her delicate features. She took a hesitant step in his direction, clutching her purse like a lifeline. She scanned the parking lot, searching… For what? He stood still and waited. Finally, she turned and continued inside the hospital.

He would have to be careful. Isabella hadn’t seen him, but he knew without a doubt she sensed him. Rare for a human to sense the preternatural world, but then again, if Harrison was correct in his assumptions, Miss Lucci could raise the dead.
Garran waited a respected few minutes so not to run into Miss Lucci. Then he too, entered the hospital.

About Karen Michelle Nutt

Picture Karen Michelle Nutt resides in California with her husband, three fascinating children, and houseful of demanding pets. Jack, her Chorkie, is her writing buddy and sits long hours with her at the computer.

Her Book, Lost in the Mist of Time, was nominated for New Books Review Spotlight Best Fantasy Book of the Year Award 2006. A Twist of Fate was a nominee for Best Time Travel P.E.A.R.L. Award for 2008. Creighton Manor won Honorable Mention P.E.A.R.L. Award 2009.

Her new passion is creating book covers for Western Trail Blazers and Rebecca J. Vickery Publishing. In her spare time, she reviews books for PNR-Paranormal Romance Reviews.

Whether your reading fancy is paranormal, historical or time travel, all her stories capture the rich array of emotions that accompany the most fabulous human phenomena—falling in love.

Tags: , , ,

17 responses to “Soul Taker by Karen Michelle Nutt (Urban Fantasy) book blitz

1. CheryseDurrantAuthor (@CheryseDurrant)

April 29, 2013 at 5:14 am

Soul Taker sounds awesome! What a wonderful concept. I love reading books about vamps and stolen souls so this is right up my alley! Thanks for sharing, Christine, and I’m looking forward to reading this story, Karen.

April 29, 2013 at 6:46 am

Thanks so much for coming by Cher! Hope you enjoy Karen’s book!

And Karen, I’m so glad I had the opportunity to feature you and your book today! HAPPY SALES!!!

• Karen Michelle Nutt

April 29, 2013 at 10:26 am

Good Morning, Cheryse!
      So glad you enjoyed the snipped of Soul Taker! I hope you enjoy the tale as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thanks for popping in for a visit!

2. Karen Michelle Nutt

April 29, 2013 at 10:23 am

Christine,
    Thanks so much for showcasing Soul Taker on your lovely blog! Much appreciated!

April 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

I love me some original reading material! Wahoo, way to go!

4. ellaquinnauthor

April 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

I can’t do vampires, but I tweeted for those who love them. I’m so glad I was finally able to get on your blog again, Christine. Curse my internet.

April 29, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Thanks for tweeting Ella…and I’m glad you can get back on my blog too. The internet is a blessing and a curse at times. lol

• ellaquinnauthor

April 29, 2013 at 7:28 pm

Tell me about it. I spent an hour with tech support and they finally got me up to 1/2 the speed I’m supposed to have.

• Karen Michelle Nutt

April 30, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Ella,
      Thanks so much for Tweeting! That was sweet of you!

April 29, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Oh sweet Heaven! Soul Taker is right up my alley!

April 29, 2013 at 10:28 pm

OMGosh! What a beautiful cover! Thanks for sharing

7. Karen Michelle Nutt

April 30, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Just a heads up. I’m running a Goodreads contest for a print copy of Soul Taker.The bad new is that the contest ends May 1st! http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/enter_choose_address/49049