Hungry Hearts Holiday Hop

01 Nov

hungryhearts badge (STATIC300x250)

Welcome to the HUNGRY HEARTS HOLIDAY HOP!

We are so excited to CELEBRATE FALL with mouthwatering Thanksgiving recipes and delicious EXCERPTS from today’s hottest food-loving ROMANCE writers! Hop around and fill out the Rafflecopter form on each author’s site to enter our Grand PRIZE Giveaway: a Harry & David Crater Lake GIFT BASKET Classic!

~~There are a total of 14 authors participating with delectable recipes for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday~~ (click links in collection below)

In addition to the Grand Prize, one SWAG pack will be given away on Amanda Usen’s blog on each day of the hop. Visit her blog each day for an AUTHOR spotlight and more FALL GLEE. (I’ll be posting a Thanksgiving post on Amanda’s blog Monday November 4th…hope to see you there)

When the seasons change, our hearts fill with GRATITUDE. Life is grand, isn’t it? Hop with us and share your love of all things food, fall, and THANKS-giving!

Click HERE for the link to the Rafflecopter and see the amazing gift basket 🙂

The recipe I’m sharing is one I make every year. One year I decided to make another punch and my family wasn’t happy…yes, this punch is that AMAZING! Since that year I haven’t veered from my Medley Punch Madness and promise I never will 🙂

~~ENJOY~~

Christine’s Fruit Medley Punch

2 – 10 oz pkgs frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed

3 cups apricot nectar – chilled

3 cups cold water

1 cup Real Lemon Juice

1 – 6 oz can frozen Orange Juice – thawed

1 cup sugar

1 – 32 oz bottle ginger all – chilled

In blender puree strawberries. In large punhc bowl combine all ingredients except ginger ale and ice ring (recipe for the ice ring will follow and is optional but so festive). Stir until sugar dissolves. Slowly pour in gingerale. Add ice ring.

Optional Ice Ring

Take a bundt pan and arrange apricot halves, mint leaves (fresh) and whole strawberries in ring mold. Add small amount of water (I also add some of the nectar juice), freeze. I have a deep bundt pan and after I freeze once I do another layer and freeze again.

I wish I had a picture to share, but I will definitely take a picture on Thanksgiving and post, but I hope you will all try this recipe and add it to your holiday tradition! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

And I’d love it if you’d share what favorite family dish you traditionally make for your Thanksgiving table that would flip your family out if it weren’t included this year in the comments 🙂

Author-Pic2-300x200

Author bio:

Christine Warner is living her dream in Michigan along with her husband, three children, one laptop and a much loved assortment of furry friends.

Besides laughing and a good round of humor, she enjoys spending time with her family, cooking, reading, writing but no arithmetic.  A confessed people watcher, she finds inspiration for her stories in everyday activities.  She loves to read and write about strong heroes and determined, sometimes sassy, heroines.

bs 200 x 300BLURB:

Saute, simmer, and flambé…

Jill Adgate wants three things from life: a successful catering business, the devoted love of an exceptional man, and a family. What she has is no job, a mounting pile of bills, and her outspoken best friend—who sets her up on a blind date with the man who inadvertently ruined Jill’s life.

Chet Castle is a prosperous businessman who has everything, except the ability to trust. Burned by a money-hungry fiancée, he refuses to get involved with any relationship that has a shelf life longer than a head of lettuce.

Intrigued by her ambition–and determined to get her in bed–Chet offers Jill the chance of a lifetime: Work for him for the next eight weeks as his live-in chef and he’ll help her get her catering business off the ground. When sparks fly in the kitchen, Jill realizes what’s cooking with her commitment-phobic employer is a recipe for disaster…but it’s just too tasty to not take a bite.

BUY LINKS:

Barnes & Nobel: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/bachelors-special-christine-warner/1115250848?ean=9781622661312

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Bachelors-Special-Entangled-Indulgence-ebook/dp/B00CNTSVB6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1369342052&sr=8-1&keywords=christine+warner

Kobo: http://www.kobobooks.com/ebook/Bachelors-Special/book-ymNN_qSIaUi8PBWwPe_JyA/page1.html?s=K2kMxRAOXE-3u7T7udMTew&r=2

iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/bachelors-special/id645263900?mt=11

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

21 responses to “Hungry Hearts Holiday Hop

1. carjoh56

November 1, 2013 at 6:04 am

Cranberries and cinnamon apples

November 1, 2013 at 10:37 am

Both are delicious ….thank you so much for coming by!

2. margeryscott

November 1, 2013 at 7:24 am

I’m never home for our Thanksgiving, so I don’t cook. But Christmas isn’t Christmas without trifle.

November 1, 2013 at 10:38 am

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday Margery and the one I make the biggest deal over. But, trifle is a Christmas must have…I agree 🙂 So glad you dropped in!

3. Kim Pinch

November 1, 2013 at 2:13 pm

My Grandmother’s dressing.

November 1, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Dressing is amazing and the best part of the meal for me Kim. I use my Dad’s tried and true recipe….my mouth is watering just thinking about it. lol

4. JackieW

November 1, 2013 at 4:30 pm

I like all the foods in a Thanksgiving meal but most of all..it’s one of my favorite meals …the pumpkin pie is my favorite.

November 1, 2013 at 6:01 pm

Pumpkin pie is my favorite Thanksgiving dessert…with whipped topping or without you just can’t go wrong. lol Thanks so much for coming by Jackie 🙂

5. Teresa Blue

November 2, 2013 at 7:26 am

Part of my table tradition is the old faded tablecloth I made years ago with my mother. It’s got those huge harvest horns on it ( cornucopia?) I also must have cornbread dressing and candied cranberries. Now, I’ll be adding this delightful punch because it sounds delicious! I’m thankful for the fast and easy searches we enjoy now. : )

November 3, 2013 at 5:55 am

So glad you dropped by Tere! You’ll have to let me know what you think of the punch….I hope everyone at your house loves it!

6. LizEverly

November 4, 2013 at 6:22 pm

It would totally freak out my family to have Thanksgiving without pumpkin pie. This punch looks great. I’m going to give it a go.

November 4, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Pumpkin pie is a must have Liz 🙂

Thanks for coming by…I hope everyone at your house enjoys the punch.

7. Barbara DeLeoarbara DeLeo

November 6, 2013 at 4:17 am

I love the sound of your punch, Christine. Yum. We don’t celebrate Thanksgiving downunder but I happen to LOVE pumpkin pie. 🙂

November 6, 2013 at 4:49 am

I’m looking forward to the upcoming pumpkin pie Barbara. The only time I ever make it or eat it is Thanksgiving….so I’m ready! lol Thanks so much for coming by. I hope you’ll try the punch for another celebration 🙂

8. Erin Thompson

November 6, 2013 at 11:47 am

I love sweet potato casserole. I found an awesome recipe last year that had a pecan crumb topping. It was so good!

November 6, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Sounds good Erin…especially the pecan crumb topping. I tried a sweet potato casserole last year but I don’t know if I messed it up but it was way to sweet. My brother loved it though! lol

9. bh313

November 7, 2013 at 9:44 am

Sour Cream Pound Cake is one dessert that absolutely must be on the menu for Thanksgiving. The family would never get over it if it were missing

November 7, 2013 at 10:35 am

I’ve never had that bh…I’ll have to google the recipe. Thanks so much for coming by and I hope you’re enjoying the hop 🙂

• bh313

November 9, 2013 at 12:04 am

More than happy to share the recipe

10. ChristineWarner

November 10, 2013 at 10:19 pm

bh313 I’d love it if you’d like to share the recipe. If you can fit it in the comments that would be wonderful. I love trying to recipes!

11. Joy Isley

November 21, 2013 at 9:25 am

I make a really tasty sweet potato casserole that we always have at Thanksgiving. I think it is the only time of year a couple of my sons eat sweet potatoes.