Exciting News…

25 May

Happy Weekend!

I wanted to take a moment and share some exciting news. I have decided to try my hand at self publishing. I’ve written a sweet nostalgic romantic novella set in small town America 1955. The story is titled SECRET LOVE.

This has been a fun experience and I’ve learned a lot. After writing my novella I hired an editor who made some great catches, suggestions, and helped me tighten up my words. I love the story now, more than when I finished the first draft. From there I managed to rope a busy friend into formatting my words so they’d transfer to various venues and still look good 🙂 I also was lucky to have an instant cover model in my daughter and her amazing photographer bestie Jill Szyszko who worked so hard on my cover–which I will be revealing later this week. Squeee…

Release day is Monday, June 9th!!!

I’ve had so much fun in this venture that I’ve decided to write a second and third story in this newly formed series. And if things go as planned I will add on to that with more stories that are linked by characters from previous works in the series.

And…if that weren’t enough I have a fun surprise in regards to the covers that I’ll share later. It has to do with the prize being given away while I’m on my tour. I can’t wait to tell you what I have planned….more Squee…

With all that being said, I’d love to share my blurb for Secret Love, Book One in the Sweet Fifties Novella Series.

Saranac, Michigan

March 1955

Lizzie Tarleton has always done things her own way—including the time at the tender age of thirteen when she confessed to her brother’s best friend she loved him. But now she’s a new teacher at the local high school, and independent enough to know that you can’t force love. She’ll find love when the time is right—even though her parents are adamant the time is now. The only downfall to her idyllic life is the fact that her childhood crush—who broke her heart—is now her boss. If only she could stop daydreaming about him.

Wayne Whitmore grew up on the wrong side of the tracks and worked hard to get where he’s at in life. Even though he enjoys being principal at the small town high school, he dreams of coaching baseball. When his best friend asks him to watch over his little sister at her new job at Wayne’s school, he agrees. What he doesn’t count on is how she’s grown from the pig tailed kid who told him she loved him, to the woman who breaks his concentration with her beauty and smile. Unable to get over his fascination, and afraid he’ll ruin his friend’s trust, Wayne applies for his dream job—one that will take him far away.

One night while decorating the school gymnasium for an upcoming sock hop, Lizzie and Wayne find themselves alone. They share a kiss and Lizzie realizes her childhood crush for Wayne has never died. Wayne decides he doesn’t want to let Lizzie get away.

Can they come to terms with their secret love and then overcome the other secrets they are hiding in order to get what they each want? Or is their timing for love still off?

THANK YOU for joining me while I share my exciting news. Please stay tuned for the cover and more info regarding my surprise!!!

Tags: , , , , , , ,

19 responses to “Exciting News…

May 25, 2014 at 8:51 am

Yay, Christine!! Welcome to the world of self-pubbing! This story sounds awesome-can’t wait to read it! Big congrats on your new adventure!

May 25, 2014 at 9:32 am

Thanks Jennifer! I’m so excited about sharing this story and diving in deeper into the self pub world 🙂

2. Jenna Jaxon

May 25, 2014 at 9:12 am

This sounds like a wonderful, sweet series. The 50s are such an idyllic time in America, at least from our current perspective, that this series should sell like gangbusters! And congrats on the new self-publishing venture! You’ll find the water’s great!

May 25, 2014 at 9:32 am

Thank you for the support Jenna! I’m nervous, excited, and anxious all at once.

3. Angie

May 25, 2014 at 10:54 am

I cannot wait to see the story unfold.

4. Chrys Fey

May 25, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Congratulations, Christine! That is exciting news. I wish you the best of luck and much success with Secret Love and all the stories that’ll follow it. 🙂

5. Sara Walter Ellwood

May 25, 2014 at 1:43 pm

Congratulations, Christine!!! Self-publishing is a lot of fun and kinda scary too, but well worth it. I wish I had more stories to self pub, but I have a hard time eking out time write on my already published series. Good luck and I can’t wait to see more!!!

6. C.A. Szarek

May 25, 2014 at 2:20 pm

Congrats! Self pubbing is totally addictive! Good luck! Sounds like an awesome read!

May 25, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Thank you C.A….I appreciate that you stopped by 🙂

7. Sandra Dailey

May 25, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Congratulations Christine! You’ve paid your dues and learned a few lessons with traditional publishing. You’ve been responsible to hire an editor. You’re ready for this. I know SECRET LOVE is going to be outstanding. The blurb is great and I can’t wait to see the cover.

May 25, 2014 at 3:19 pm

Aww…thanks so much Sandra for your vote of confidence. I’m beyond excited to get this story out there 🙂

8. lizaoconnor

May 25, 2014 at 7:47 pm

My first two books were with publishers, but the next four and all future ones will be inde, because I love being responsible and in control of everything.

• lizaoconnor

May 25, 2014 at 7:48 pm

And I expect you’ll do very well at inde publishing. and pleased with the results.

May 25, 2014 at 9:39 pm

Good to know Liza…thank you for coming by and sharing. I’m excited by all I’ve learned so far and I do like the fact that so many of the decisions are all on me 🙂

9. Jessi Gage

May 26, 2014 at 12:32 am

That’s awesome, Christine! I’m glad you’re taking the plunge into SP. Secret Love sounds awesome.

May 26, 2014 at 7:50 am

Thanks Jessi…I appreciate you stopping by and sharing my news 🙂