Happy Wednesday! Today on What to Read Wednesday we have author Lori Wilde in the hot seat. She’s written an interesting play-a-long guest post. I think you’ll have fun with it.
She’s also sharing her latest release from Avon from the Cupid Texas Series titled LOVE WITH A PERFECT COWBOY. I love the cover and blurb…and anything cowboy. YUM. This is a definite “must read”.
And don’t forget to enter her fabulous giveaway. The link is at the end of the post.
Take it away Lori…
Cupid, Texas….Fact or Fiction?
1) Prada, Marfa. The ultimate upscale shoe store in the desert of the Trans-Pecos.
2) Perfect Buddies no-kill animal shelter.
3) Cupid, Texas is a real town.
4) The mysterious Marfa Lights.
5) Caverns with a stalagmite that looks like Cupid.
6) A group of volunteers that answer letters to the lovelorn.
7) Star gazing parties at the MacDonald Observatory.
8) No cell phone reception in the Davis Mountains.
9) Triangle Mount.
10) A lake in the desert.
2) Fact: There is a no-kill animal shelter in Fort Davis that serves three counties, but the name Perfect Buddies is fictional.
3) Fiction: Although the fictional town of Cupid is a loosely based on the compilation of three real towns—Fort Davis, Marfa and Alpine.
4) Fact: Unexplained lights do sometimes appear in the sky over Marfa. The State of Texas has even built a viewing center for tourists to scout for the lights.
5) Fiction. Although there are some caverns in that part of Texas, none have a stalagmite that resembles the Roman god of love.
6) Fiction. No such group exists.
7) Fact. MacDonald Observatory throws star gazing parties almost nightly that are open to the public.
8) Fact: Unless you are in one of the towns, or have a special cell phone, you won’t be able to get cell reception in the Davis Mountains.
9) Fact: While it’s not called Triangle Mount in real life, there is a flatiron mountain in the Davis mountain range that’s shaped like a pyramid.
10) Fiction: There isn’t a lake, but there is a natural spring-fed swimming pool at Balmorhea (pronounced bal-more-ray here in Texas) State Park.
Cowboys always seem to have the most spectacular butts, probably from all that hard riding in the saddle. But Melody Spencer had long-ago wiped the dust of Cupid, Texas off her cute shoes…and done her best to forget the chiseled jaw, strong arms and those other assets of cowboy Luke Spencer. Their families might be part of a long-time feud, but he was her very first love even if it turned out they never wanted the same things.
But now Luke’s come striding back into her life, tempting her with the memories of long, lazy evenings and hot, passionate kisses. And he has an ulterior motive-as Mayor of Cupid, he knows Melody’s business savvy can help save their beloved hometown. His smooth-talking might get her to Texas, but that doesn’t mean he’ll get her in his bed. Still, people do say love can be more perfect the second time around…
LORI WILDE is the New York Times bestselling author of more than sixty books. A former RITA finalist, Lori has received the Romantic Times Reviewers’ Choice Award, the Holt Medallion, the Booksellers Best, the National Readers’ Choice, and numerous other honors. She lives in Texas, with her husband and a wide assortment of pets. Lori teaches Romance Writing Secrets via the internet through colleges and universities worldwide at www.ed2g.com. Visit her at www.loriwilde.comor @LoriWilde on Twitter.
twitter handle is @LoriWilde
Cupid Texas Series
Love at First Sight Release Date May 28th, 2013
All Out of Love Release Date June 25th, 2013
Somebody to Love Release Date Dec 31st, 2013
Love with a Perfect Cowboy Release Date May 27th, 2014
Goodreads link: http://www.goodreads.com/series/99988-cupid-texas
*Avon is hosting a TOUR WIDE Rafflecopter Commenter Giveaway for Two Winner’s to receive TWO Print Cupid Texas Romances*