Thanks for coming back for another round of What to Read Wednesday! Please help me welcome author Jennifer Ryan. She’s sharing 5 things about herself which I think you’ll find interesting. Afterward, check out her latest release DYLAN’S REDEMPTION : The McBrides Book Three.
And don’t forget to click on the link at the end of the post to enter Jennifer’s awesome giveaway 🙂
Five Things You May Not Know About Me
- I eloped with my husband when I was eighteen. We were married at the Chatahoochee County Courthouse in Georgia. Sounds romantic, right? No. It wasn’t. It took ten minutes, but I was so happy. Being his wife is all that really mattered. I’m the romantic, he’s not. We didn’t tell anyone we were married for a year because he was in the military serving as an Army Ranger and I was home attending college. We’ve been married over twenty years and have three beautiful children. Young love does last, it just takes work and a lot of laughs.
- I started writing when my middle son was about to start grade school. I’d gone back to college to finish my degree in Computer Information Systems (database programming) and thought I’d go back to work when my boys were in school. Turns out, my daughter had other ideas. I found out I was pregnant with her my last semester of school. I finished that semester after she was born, but took up writing when a story playing in my head wouldn’t go away. I’d been an avid reader for years and wondered if I could actually write my own book. When I finished it, I felt such a sense of accomplishment, I wrote another. Now, it’s an obsession and a passion. I love it. I can’t stop writing now.
- While I write romantic suspense and contemporary romance, I love to read historical romances. That’s right, give me a Duke or a Scottish Laird and I’m there. Some of my favorite historical authors are Stephanie Laurens, Sabrina Jefferies, Monica McCarty, Hannah Howell, and Julia Quinn.
- I love several different types of music: rock, pop, R&B, but my favorite is country. That’s right, give me a song about a lost love, someone did me wrong, or let’s have a beer and party – I’m there. Some of my favorite country artists are Dierks Bentley, Blake Shelton, Katie Armiger, Miranda Lambert, and Jason Aldeen to name just a few.
- I’m really short. I top out at exactly five feet tall. My teenage son towers over me at five-eight and growing. The other night, my son said, “I’m so much taller than you, Mom.” My husband’s response: “That’s not really a great accomplishment.” He makes me laugh.
There’s a new sheriff in Fallbrook … Meet Dylan McBride.
Jessie Thompson had one hell of a week. Dylan McBride, the boy she loved, skipped town without a word. Then her drunk of a father tried to kill her, and she fled Fallbrook, vowing never to return. Eight years later, her father is dead, and Jessie reluctantly goes home—only to come face-to-face with the man who shattered her heart. A man who, for nearly a decade, believed she was dead.
Dylan accepted the position as sheriff of Fallbrook looking for a fresh start and a chance to uncover the truth about Jessie’s disappearance. He knew he’d have to face a few ghosts … he just never thought one would be Jessie, all grown up, stunning … and alive. The pull between them is instant, but Dylan’s heart has already mourned Jessie, and she has secrets she can never share. Can they escape the darkness of their past for a chance at a bright future together?
JENNIFER RYAN, author of The Hunted Series, writes romantic suspense and contemporary small-town romances.
Jennifer lives in the San Francisco Bay Area with her husband and three children. When she isn’t writing a book, she’s reading one. Her obsession with both is often revealed in the state of her home, and how late dinner is to the table. When she finally leaves those fictional worlds, you’ll find her in the garden, playing in the dirt and daydreaming about people who live only in her head, until she puts them on paper.
Please visit her website at www.jennifer-ryan.com for information about upcoming releases.
*Avon is hosting a TOUR WIDE Rafflecopter Giveaway for Print Set of THE RETURN OF BRODY MCBRIDE and FALLING FOR OWEN*