Please help me welcome author Ellie MacDonald! Today Ellis is sharing 5 random facts about herself…I think you’ll find them pretty interesting. She’s also sharing her latest release with us–The Governess Club : Sara and Louisa.
And don’t forget to enter her wonderful giveaway. Links are at the end of the post!
Take it away Ellie…
Random Facts About Ellie
- I broke my leg when I was six years old. I ran into a tree while downhill skiing.
- After spending three months living in Bangkok, I went to Australia, looking to travel a place where I could understand what was being said. At least I could understand what the billboards were saying there! Some accents can be so thick…
- Ice hockey is my favorite sport – very Canadian of me! – but started playing ringette (the girl’s version of hockey) first because the community club wouldn’t let me play on a boys team. This was after the never-to-be-mentioned again figure skating experience.
- I don’t really drink caffeine. If I do, it’s in a nice cup of tea. I can’t stand the taste of coffee – I have to add so much sugar to make it taste good to me that I don’t see the point in drinking it.
- I have very vivid dreams that I remember to this day. I remember very clearly having a Girl Guide meeting on my bedroom floor when I was about ten years old. I also remember having two prospectors come into my room looking for blankets because they didn’t realize how cold Canada was, so I gave them the ones off my bed; I had to remake my bed at three in the morning. My mother once came into my room because she heard me talking – I was having a conversation with my clock radio. I think these types of dreams contributed to my sleep walking.
Sweet Sara Collins is one of the founding members of the governess club. But she has a secret… She doesn’t love teaching. She’d much prefer to be a vicar’s wife and help the local community. But this quiet mouse doesn’t want to upset her friends, and she resolves to help in whatever ways she can.
Nathan Grant is the embodiment of everything that frightens Sara. Which is why she can’t understand why the handsome but reclusive and gruff man is so fascinating to her. When Sara decides it’s time to take a chance and experience all that life has to offer, Nathan is the first person she thinks of.
Will Sara’s walk on the wild side ruin her chances at a simple, happy life? Or has she just opened the door to a once-in-a-lifetime chance of passion?
Louisa Brockhurst is on the run – from her friends, from her family, even from her dream of independence through The Governess Club. But sometimes it’s easier for her to hide from those she loves in order to escape the secrets of her past.
Handsome but menacing John Taylor is a former prize-fighter turned inn-keeper who is trying to make his way in society. When Louisa shows up at his doorstep he’s quick to accept her offer to help – at a price. He knows that she’s hiding something and he can’t help his protective instincts around the beautiful woman.
Their attraction grows, but will headstrong, fiery Louisa ever trust the surprisingly kind John enough to tell him the dangerous secrets from her past that keep her running? Or will the power of her feelings scare her into running yet again?
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22056682-the-governess-club
See the SERIES on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/series/107899-the-governess-club
Ellie Macdonald has held several jobs beginning with the letter t: taxi-driver, telemarketer and most recently, teacher. She is thankful her interests have shifted to writing instead of taxidermy or tornado chasing. Having travelled to five different continents, she has swum with elephants, scuba dived coral mazes, visited a leper colony and climbed waterfalls and windmills, but her favorite place remains Regency England. She currently lives in Ontario, Canada. The Governess Club series is her first published work.
Link to Follow Tour: http://www.tastybooktours.com/2014/08/the-governess-club-sara-governess-club.html