Please help me welcome author Regina Cole to the blog today 🙂 She’s visiting to share her latest release Draw Me In. I love the cover how about you? She has five fun facts about Draw Me In that I think you’ll find very interesting 🙂
And, please, don’t forget to enter her wonderful giveaway. The link is at the end of the post 🙂
Take ti away Regina…
Hi there! I’m so thankful to Christine for hosting me today! It’s awesome to finally be celebrating the release of DRAW ME IN, my very first “official” NA romance. J
Today I want to share five fun facts about DRAW ME IN. Enough jibber-jabber, I’m going to get right to it!
1. I’ll kick off this countdown by talking about why I wanted to write NA in the first place. I didn’t start out intending to be an author at all. I just wanted to write something to keep myself busy, since I was going broke buying Kindle books. J So I jumped in. I wrote about a girl who was college-aged, getting out of an incredibly bad situation and finding her own way in life. It was a paranormal romance, at least, I thought it was. It wasn’t until later when the New Adult genre started to take off that I realized my very first book had been NA! A lot of my previous books have a new adult feel to them, they just weren’t officially NA. But it seemed like the publishing community was giving me permission to write a new adult heroine, just like my very first book. So I took that idea and ran with it, and Hailey, the heroine of Draw Me In was born!
2. Next on the list is my process for this book. I’ll make no bones about this—this was one of the hardest challenges I’ve faced so far in my writing career. I had at least SEVEN DRAFTS of this puppy. I’ve got to give my editor, Sue Grimshaw of Random House flirt, mega props for sticking by me. She worked with me over and over and over again, from POV changes to character motivation to getting the villain exactly right. It was tough, but I am really pleased with the result. I hope you guys are too!
3. And in the middle of my countdown, I’ll give a little inside scoop about what’s coming soon. There will be a sequel for this book! DRINK ME DOWN will follow Rose, a friend of Hailey’s, as she finds her way through some heavy personal issues and finds love and self-confidence. I can’t spill too much yet, but DMD will have lots of drama, angst, and a bit of the danger that threads through DMI. I can’t wait to share the next part of the story with everyone! And yes, Hailey and Neill will be appearing in that story, too. J
4. Leesville isn’t a real place. I know, I know, I’m disappointed too! But Leesville College, and the town of Leesville, are loosely based on real places in Raleigh, NC, where I spent a couple of years in my own college experience. Meredith College is the model for Leesville College, and Sinful Skin is placed on a replica of Hillsborough Street in Raleigh. I took artistic liberties, though, so it’s not an exact copy. Just inspirational!
5. And lastly, for the number one on the countdown, I thought I’d give you a little playlist for DRAW ME IN. I listen to music as I write, and while I don’t always listen to exactly the same thing, I pick a particular Pandora station for each book that matches the mood I’m going for. DRAW ME IN has a lot of heart, feeling, and angst with a dash of suspense, so I favored driving rhythms, heartfelt melodies, and electronic beats to keep me hammering out the words! Here’s a sample of some of my favorites from my personalized Shiny Toy Guns Radio station.
Bleeding Out by Imagine Dragons
Happy Birthday by The Birthday Massacre
Cinema by Benny Benassi
You Are The One by Shiny Toy Guns
Ghosts ‘n’ Stuff (Nero Remix) by Deadmau5
Bangarang by Skrillex
And that’s it! I hope you enjoyed the facts about DRAW ME IN, and I hope you love the book! If you’ve got any questions, or just want to tell me what you’re having (or had) for lunch today, leave a comment below.
And thanks again Christine!
In Regina Cole’s steamy novel of hot ink and delicious angst, two tortured artists take a leap of faith—but the past threatens to tear them apart.
After her parents pull the plug on her college fund to finance their nasty divorce, Hailey Jakes is desperate to pay her own way and finish her degree in graphic design. She can hardly believe her luck when the sexiest guy she’s ever seen hires her to be the receptionist at his tattoo shop. With sea-blue eyes, jet-black hair, and full sleeves of tattoos on his muscular arms, Neill Vanderhaven looks like the kind of guy who wouldn’t give her the time of day. In fact, he’s mesmerized by her—and it doesn’t hurt that she’s talented as hell.
But Hailey and Neill have more in common than instant chemistry: They’re both carrying serious baggage. Hailey’s parents split after years of blowout fights and sloppy affairs. Neill just got out of something serious with a woman who loved her bad habits more than she loved him. When they take the plunge on a new relationship, they’re both breaking their own rules.
But then a terrible misunderstanding brings Neill’s worst fears to life, and their connection threatens to come crashing down. What they have is more than skin-deep, but now Hailey and Neill need to decide whether the kind of love that lasts forever is worth such exquisite pain.
Link to Follow Tour: http://www.tastybooktours.com/2014/08/draw-me-in-by-regina-cole.html
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22551565-draw-me-in?ac=1
Regina Cole, lover of manly muscled arms, chest hair, and mini-marshmallows, has been reading romance since her early teens. While she loves a love story of any heat level, she’s been drawn to the erotic side and is loving every minute. When she’s not frantically pounding away at the keyboard, she can be found fishing with her family, playing with her dogs, trying out strange new recipes, or snuggling with her hubby. She also writes mainstream romance as Gina Lamm.
*Loveswept is hosting a Tour Wide Giveaway for a $25 eGift Card of Winner’s Choice Bookseller and FLIRT Mug & Tote*