Happy Wednesday! Thank you for joining me for What to Read Wednesday 🙂 Today we have author Katie Rose visiting. She’s giving us 10 good reasons why we should love and give sports romance a try. Afterward, check out her latest release Too Hot to Handle : The Boys of Summer #2.
Don’t forgot to enter Katie’s wonderful giveaway. The link is at the end of the post 🙂
Take it away Katie…
I’m always surprised when I see a comment on GoodReads when a reader says they didn’t think they would like a sports romance.
So here are the top 10 reasons you will love sports romance:
1. These guys are hot. Seriously hot. Don’t believe me? Check out Cole Hamels or Chase Utley of the Philadelphia Phillies, just as a start.
2. Because of the sports theme, there is a ton of conflict. First you have the game itself, with every team struggling to make it to the World Series or the Super Bowl. Then you have conflict between parents and players, who may have different ideas of success. Finally, there is always romantic conflict. Ballplayers, like other Pro athletes, usually date beautiful models, actresses, etc. Think of Alex Rodriguez and Cameron Diaz, Alex Rodriguez and Madonna, Alex Rodriguez. . .? The man proves the point all by himself. So how does a regular girl capture the attention of this guy?
3. Did I mention sports stars are hot?
4. Going to the game is a lot of fun. If you’ve never been, it’s worth the experience. Ballparks are like cathedrals, with the emerald colored graphs, flowers, the lighting and scoreboards. You can drink beer during the day without judgment, and eat all of the things that are bad for you: hot dogs, burgers, pretzels and crackerjack. There is a ceremony to the event, starting with the salute to the flag, to the seventh inning stretch when everyone sings TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME. (Well, in Philly they don’t. They sing to Jon Bon Jovi). And it’s the same with football, hockey, etc. But you get the idea.
5. In addition to being hot, sports stars share certain attributes that are less common in other fields, such as: strength, discipline, talent, patience, and agility. They have to deal with injuries, enormous disappointment, exhilaration of winning, the agony of defeat. . . Not something your typical computer programmer needs to succeed. Therefore, not only are they physically impressive, but they are interesting individuals and the original alpha males.
6. Some people complain that sports stars have enormous egos. Well, it’s true. A lot of them do. After all, they are the royalty of our time: they are praised, booed, photographed, and talked about. That’s enough to give anyone an ego. So it is great fun to partner a cocky hero with the heroine who can handle that, and him.
7. Ballplayers, especially, are good-looking. They don’t get as beat up as hockey players or football players. And they have to stay in shape. You don’t see many overweight Pro ballplayers lumbering around the bases. They work out, sport six pack abs and great biceps.. .
8. The uniforms are dazzling. Here football has the edge with those great colors, shoulder pads and helmets. But baseball uniforms are cute. I am reminded of little leaguers, except that these guys are all grown up. Hmm.
9. Many Pro athletes are truly nice men. Cole Hamels and Chase Utley sponsor their own foundations. Shane Victorino had a charity fashion show every year. The Eagles and the Philadelphia Flyers all donate to good causes, including the Eagles Youth Partnership and the Flyers Charities.
10. And finally, did I mention these guys are hot?
Too Hot to Handle
The Boys of Summer # 2
By: Katie Rose
Releasing January 27th, 2015
Katie Rose’s Boys of Summer series returns for a delicious double-header—with the story of total opposites who are drawn to each other like moths to a flame.
Nikki Case is no fan of baseball. Her ex gambled away a fortune on the sport, and now her PR firm has tasked her with cleaning up the league’s most notorious bad boys. The New Jersey Sonics are known for wild womanizing and booze-fueled brawls, so Nikki expects the worst. Her first stop in the battle to win hearts and minds is star hitter Jake Baldwin—a legendary ladies man so smokin’ he threatens to melt her tough-girl armor.
Although his teammates prank her without mercy, Jake admires the way Nikki gives as good as she gets. She may be the queen of frost, but there’s kindling beneath those sultry curves—and he’s just the man to ignite it. But when a PR nightmare lands the Sonics in headlines across the country, Nikki is ready to walk. Only then does Jake realize how important she is to the Sonics’ success—and that winning the love of a good woman is no game.
Link to Follow Tour: http://www.tastybooktours.com/2014/11/too-hot-to-handlethe-boys-of-summer-2.html
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/22551564-too-hot-to-handle
Goodreads Series Link: https://www.goodreads.com/series/126154-the-boys-of-summer
NOTE**If you use the Pre-Set up links, you don’t have to also use the link URL’s as well, they are Pre-Linked**
Buy Links: Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo
Award-winning historical author Katie Rose makes her contemporary debut with the Boys of Summer novels, Bring on the Heat and Too Hot to Handle, which combine Katie’s true loves: baseball and romance! When not watching baseball, Katie is at her lake house in New Jersey, hard at work on her next book.
Author Links: Website | Facebook | Twitter |Goodreads
*Loveswept is hosting a Tour Wide Giveaway for a $25 eGift Card of Winner’s Choice Bookseller and Loveswept Mug & Romance at Random Nail Polish*