Welcome to What to Read Wednesday! Please help me welcome author Renita Pizzitola. She’s here sharing the 5 steps she uses to finish her manuscripts. Afterward check out her latest release Just A Little Flirt, the 2nd book in the Crush Series. The cover for this book is amazing…love it!
Afterward make sure to enter her giveaway. The link is at the end of the post!
Take it away Renita…
I often get asked about my writing process. Sometimes, it’s about how I write a novel length work. Other times, it’s how do I edit my finished manuscript. Well, the writing process is different for everyone, but here’s a condensed version of mine!
5 steps to finishing that manuscript:
1. Write the first draft. This is an important step, and not just because of the obvious: without a first draft we have no book—but because so many writers get hung up here. Don’t edit. Don’t stress. Just let that natural creativity flow, get your ideas on paper: beginning, middle and end.
2. Iron out the plot. This is a quick revision for me. Sometimes while working on that rough first draft I make little (or big) plot changes that must be addressed before I can start revisions. I like to make little notes to myself to remember to fix these things, but I don’t like to address them in the first draft because I’m tempted to make too many changes and, for me, the first draft is not the time for editing.
3. Revise. This is the big edit for me (and the hardest). I go through each chapter, one by one, and start revising. I trim. I add. I hack to pieces. I glue back together.
4. Critique partner. After I finish my revisions, I send a few chapters at a time to my CP. She has my blessing to shred my MS. She looks for the same things I do but with a fresh set of eyes. If you don’t have a CP yet, I highly recommend one! When she’s done, I revise the entire manuscript based on her incredibly helpful notes.
5. Beta readers. This is an important step because these readers aren’t looking at your work as a writer; they are looking at it like a reader. It’s a chance to get feedback on pacing, feel, and a general sense of what they liked, what worked/what didn’t, and anything that confused them, etc.
Just a Little Flirt
Crush # 2
By: Renita Pizzitola
Releasing March 31, 2015
Saying yes has always come easy for Fallon. Now, as Renita Pizzitola’s steamy, poignant Crush series continues, winning her dream job means saying no to the guy she wants the most.
Between all the parties and random hook-ups, Fallon Carr is this close to flunking out of college. But her internship working with pediatric patients means the world to her—especially since, at the end of the summer, one lucky intern will be offered a paid position. Determined to leave her bad reputation behind, Fallon even takes a bet that she won’t sleep with anyone from work. But there’s one little catch. . . .
Not only is Cade Ryan the hottest guy Fallon has ever laid eyes on, he’s a therapy dog handler who volunteers his time to visit kids at the hospital. So when he starts pursuing her, Fallon can’t believe her bad timing. The thing is, Cade is different. He’s not like the college guys who see her as a one-night stand, or the high-school boyfriend who took a part of her she can never get back. Cade genuinely wants to spend time with her—and not just between the sheets.
Fallon won’t let her growing feelings for Cade get in the way of her dreams. Besides, no guy can break down the walls she put up long ago. So what’s the harm in a little flirting? It’s not like she’s falling in love. But she may have seriously underestimated how complicated things can get when the perfect guy falls for her first.
Buy Links: Amazon | Barnes | iTunes | Kobo
Renita Pizzitola is the author of New Adult contemporary romance and Young Adult fantasy. When not writing, she can be found feeding her caramel macchiato addiction and reading just about anything she can get her hands on. She lives in Austin, Texas, with her husband and two children.
Author Links: Facebook | Twitter | Website | Goodreads
*Loveswept is hosting a Tour Wide Giveaway for a $25 eGift Card of Winner’s Choice Bookseller, FLIRT Mug and Nail Polish*