Thank you for joining me on the blog today for another round of What to Read Wednesday. Today author Sophie Barnes is visiting and she’s sharing 5 things about herself. Afterward check out her latest release Lady Sarah’s Sinful Desire. Love the cover. How about you?
Don’t forget to click on the link at the end of the post to enter Sophie’s wonderful giveaway 🙂
Take it away Sophie…
Five Facts about Sophie Barnes
- I was very active as a child and consequently very accident prone as well. I’ve had a dislocated arm, stitches in my forehead, a broken arm and a concussion, all before the age of eight.
- I’m a big amusement park fan, but rollercoasters with sudden drops give me a headache, so I prefer the curly-whirly ones with lots of loops – Space Mountain at Disney is a particular favorite =)
- Cooking is not my forte – it’s pretty hit or miss. I do however have some recipes that I’m really good at, but to my family’s detriment, I also like to experiment…lol. Here’s a successful cream-cheese stuffed pork filet that my mom taught me how to make:
2 pork filets
1 pack of cream-cheese with chives
Slice the pork filets down the middle, lengthwise. Mix the cream-cheese with the diced ham in a bowl and spoon it onto the pork filets. While holding the filets closed, wrap them in bacon. Place in greased oven-proof dish and roast at 375 degrees F for about 1 hour or until the central temperature reaches 160. Serve with potatoes and vegies or rice or even pasta. So good!
- My favorite colors are red and purple. When I was little it was always purple and so were most of my clothes. Now that I’m older I prefer wearing red, but I’ll still choose purple for notebooks, pens and my coffee mug.
5. Speaking of coffee, I only really started drinking it after studying in Paris, and even then it didn’t become a habit until I moved to America. Before that I used to be an avid tea drinker (mostly herbal) with no milk and no sugar. But when I started drinking coffee, it was always with milk and two sugars, until recently when I cut sugar from most of my diet.
Lady Sarah’s Sinful Desires
Secrets at Thorncliff Manor # 1
By: Sophie Barnes
Releasing April 28, 2015
Welcome to Thorncliff Manor, where London’s elite mix, mingle, and may even find their heart’s desire…
There are thousands of things Christopher, Viscount Spencer, would rather do than hunt for a bride, especially since experience has taught him that women are not to be trusted. Then he finds the intriguing Lady Sarah scrambling around in Thorncliff’s conservatory and he is instantly charmed by her passionate nature. But why is she so intent on avoiding him?
Lady Sarah would make the perfect bride for a peer—if not for a tarnished past that she’s hiding from the ton. A stay at Thorncliff Manor was meant to help her plan for her future, not fall in love. Yet Christopher’s kisses are irresistible, his gallantry enticing. When her secret stands to be revealed, will the truth ruin their dreams of happiness?
Link to Follow Tour: http://www.tastybooktours.com/2015/02/lady-sarahs-sinful-desires-secrets-at.html
Goodreads Series Link: https://www.goodreads.com/series/136344-secrets-at-thorncliff-manor
Book Trailer: https://youtu.be/o5lPP153kEc
Born in Denmark, Sophie Barnes spent her youth traveling with her parents to wonderful places all around the world. She’s lived in five different countries, on three different continents, and speaks Danish, English, French, Spanish and Romanian. She has studied design in Paris and New York and has a bachelor’s degree from Parsons. But, most impressive of all, she’s been married to the same man three times—in three different countries and in three different dresses.
While living in Africa, Sophie turned to her lifelong passion: writing. When she’s not busy dreaming up her next romance novel, Sophie enjoys spending time with her family, swimming, cooking, gardening, watching romantic comedies and, of course, reading. She currently lives on the East Coast.
*Avon is hosting a TOUR WIDE Rafflecopter Giveaway for Three Paperback Copies of LADY SARAH’S SINFUL DESIRES*