Please help me welcome a very special author to the blog today! I have Tawny Weber visiting and she’s graciously allowed me to interview her. If you haven’t read any of Tawny’s books, you are missing out. My sister introduced me to one of her books several years back and I’ve been hooked ever since. I love her stories and I think you will, too!
After our interview, check out her latest release A SEAL’S TEMPTATION and then enter her awesome giveaway!
Let’s get started…
Describe yourself in three sentences.
- I’m a goal setter who is willing to work hard to achieve my goals.
- I’m a dreamer who believes that dreams do come true.
- I believe in karma and try to live my life in a way that means that the karma coming back to me is the feel good kind.
What’s the last thing you cooked?
- Homemade sauce with tomatoes and basil from my garden
What’s your favorite holiday and why?
- I love Christmas. To me, it’s a magical holiday filled with hope and wishes come true. The decorations, the food, the customs and did I mention the gifts? It’s all so lovely!
Tell us your favorite part about the writing process.
- The End. I love the process of making up a story, the beginning when so many things are possible. I actually do enjoy the structure and work that goes into writing the story and creating characters that I always hope readers will enjoy. But my favorite part is the end because that’s when the hero and heroine get to focus on being in love!
I love choosing character names. How did you go about choosing the names for your hero and heroine?
- I use a baby name book and flip through mumbling names under my breath until I mumble something that sounds right for the personality I’ll be writing. Rarely, but sometimes I’ve realized partway through the story that the name simply doesn’t fit and have to go back to mumbling my way through the book again.
If you could tweet your favorite line from your book, what would it be? Yep, that’s right, you only get 140 characters. 🙂
Oooh boy… okay, here we go:
- She’d bet he was even better naked. Long, lean and luscious, he’d know what to do with his body. Better yet, he’d know what to do with hers.
Of the characters in your latest release, which one is most like you?
- I think that my hero’s younger sister, Sara, is probably most like me. She’s dedicated to family, wants everyone to be happy and has a sometimes unreasonable optimism that she can make everything work out the way she wants.
Do you prefer to write in the morning, afternoon, evening, or anytime?
- I’m a total night owl, so I write at night. Usually from 9 or 10pm until 3 or so in the morning. Depending on my deadlines and commitments, I sometimes write in the afternoon or through the weekend as well.
What makes your book stand out from others in the same genre?
- My voice. I write sexy military heroes with just enough military to keep it real but not so much that it overshadows the romance. I write sexy books that are hot enough to steam, and characters that readers can easily relate to. And I write it all with emotion and humor.
Which scene in this book was your favorite to write and why?
- Oh, that’s a tough one. I think the first meeting between Lark and Shane. I love those first reactions and in this case, Lark had been trying to guess what Shane’s job might be given that his mother was so ashamed that when never wanted it mentioned. Lark’s guess? Male stripper. Which made for a fabulously fun scene to write!
Want to give us a little peek into what you’re working on next?
- I’ve just started another story in my Sexy SEAL series, this one to be published summer of 2016, tentatively titled A SEAL’s Desire. I wanted to really delve into some fun romance tropes so in this story my hero is a cowboy and the heroine a runaway bride. I’m in the very starting stages of the story so I’m sure it will change as I go, but so far I’m really excited about it.
RANDOM FUN : Finish this sentence.
If I had a free afternoon, I’d ____read a book______.
My eyes are ___blurry__________.
Something I’ll never do in public is ___sing___.
When I was a child I dreamed about growing up to be a ___gypsy_________.
When I’m not enjoying a good romance I like to read ____fantasy_______.
He was gorgeous.
Wasn’t he gorgeous?
She thought so, but the room had taken a nice, slow spin so which she was sure accounted for the sudden dizziness filling her head and the odd tightness in her belly. Resting her hand on the doorframe, Lark blinked a couple of times so she could see him more clearly.
And oh, boy, was she glad she did.
Because she’d been right. He was gorgeous. Sara had been right, he definitely had a little Greek god in there somewhere.
Tall, close to a foot over her own five-four, he a swimmer’s build. Broad shoulders, a slender waist and long, long legs. The kind of body that would look might sweet naked but for a gleaming coat of oil.
His dark brown hair was cut super short, the top spiked in a way that looked like he’d ran his hands through it’s thickness while it was wet and left it at that. Unlike Sara’s round sweetness, her brother’s face was narrow, with slashing brows and a full mouth.
Oh, that mouth. Those lips. Mmm. Lark wet her lips while imagining doing the same to his. She was pretty sure she could spend hours nibbling on that bottom lip of his and still not be satisfied.
She’d bet if he were doing the nibbling, her satisfaction would be guaranteed. She didn’t know if it was all the talk of sex today, or if he was simply the most desirable man she’d ever seen in her life. Either or both got credit for the images flooding her mind.
The two of them, naked. Oh yeah, she’d bet he was even better naked. Long, lean and luscious, he’d know what to do with his body. Better yet, he’d know what to do with hers. She’d bet he could do things she’d only read about in those sexy romance novels.
New York Times and USA TODAY Bestselling author of thirty books and counting, Tawny Weber has been writing sassy, sexy romances since her first one hit the shelves in 2007. A fan of Johnny Depp, cupcakes and color coordination, she spends a lot of her time shopping for cute shoes, scrapbooking and hanging out on Facebook.
Readers can check out Tawny’s books at her website, http://www.tawnyweber.com, or join her Red Hot Readers Club for goodies like free reads, complete first chapter excerpts, recipes, insider story info and much more.