I’m so glad you stopped by for this weeks What to Read Wednesday 🙂 We have the super amazing Melia Alexander here today. Melia is talking about her quirks … and wondering if you think they are actual quirks or pretty normal. I think you’ll have fun getting to know some fun facts about her. I know I did!
Afterward, check out her latest release DRIVEN TO TEMPTATION (love the cover of this book) and then don’t forget to enter her awesome GIVEAWAY!
Let’s get started …
What You Didn’t Know About Melia
I admit it, I’m a bit on the quirky side. Some might even claim I’m weird. Or maybe not…I’ll tell you a few things most people don’t know about me, then you decide!
- I heat up my cats’ dinners. Exactly seven seconds in the microwave. I figure I don’t like a cold dinner, so they probably don’t either…
- When I’m eating shrimp that has to be peeled, I have to fish them out of my food and peel them all at once before I even start on the meal. Honestly, I haven’t a clue where that one came from. Can I just blame that on my mom? <grin>
- I have a special relationship with Jif peanut butter. Somewhere along the way I associated Jif with good times, terrific memories, and my father. Suffice it to say that when life gets kinda tough to handle, a spoonful of Jif solves most ills. ‘Course, a glass of wine does the same thing, too. Just sayin’…
- I have at least one book on my nightstand that feeds my mind (currently, Letters from a Stoic by Seneca) as well as a fun read (currently, Ruining Mr. Perfect by Marie Harte). I figure that there should be a balance to all the seriousness of adulting, so I suppose that’s why I loves me some romance!
- I have a tremendous weakness for hunky, sweaty guys in workout gear. I often wonder if it’s the pheromones that seep out of them, but there’s something pretty yummiful about a guy who’s working his tail off to stay fit. If he downs a protein drink after a workout, I’m toast…
So there you have it. Quirky or not? What do you think?
might be an engineering genius, but people skills? Not this soldier’s forte.
Thankfully, a trusted friend is accompanying him to a make-or-break
tradeshow…but then a bubbly redhead hops into his truck, claiming to be his new
road trip buddy. She’s a gorgeous distraction he can’t afford. Or ignore.
of engineers—male engineers. With several impressive projects under
her belt, she’s on a mission to prove she can hang with the big boys, too. But
cracking the sexy, closed-off CEO is tougher than she expects…and hotter than
she could have imagined.
his carefully planned schedule, Aidan can’t focus on the road, much less their
upcoming presentation. The future of his company is riding on this trip, and if
they’re to land a huge account, he has to keep his head—and his heart—in the
Delaney’s eyes opened as she scrambled to her feet, her heartbeat pounding in her ears. Getting caught eavesdropping on her boss’s private moment would be an awful idea. She could kiss any hope of a promotion good- bye if that happened.
She headed back across the room and barely got her butt in the chair before the bathroom door opened. She grabbed her laptop, willed herself to stay calm as she jabbed at the keyboard.
God, she’d done nothing but work the past few months, trying to make a good, strong impression on Harold, hoping he’d give her a chance to run her own project. On top of that, she’d worked nights and weekends to hone the presentation—
Aidan stalked out of the bathroom in much the same way he’d stalked in, only this time all he had on were his jeans.
With the buttons undone.
The soft mat of hair trailed down to Happy Land. But it was apparent that underneath his unbuttoned jeans, Aidan was commando.
Delaney’s mouth dried. She should tear her gaze away, plant it rmly on the computer screen, turn her mind from the erotic path it’d taken to the more sane one.
She knew what she had to do, yet she couldn’t. Look. Away.
Thank God he seemed too preoccupied with grabbing his duffel bag off the bed and heading back to the bathroom. Once the door shut, she slumped against the chair, the softly padded fabric against her thin tank top the only thing grounding her in place. She heaved in a deep, steadying breath and fanned herself with one hand. He was way too sexy for his own good…or hers.
sassy, sexy, fun contemporary romances, but is also fortunate to spend her week
days at The Male Observation Lab (a.k.a. her job at a construction company)
where she gets to observe guys in their natural habitat. Though they often
behave like typical alpha males, in many instances she’s seen through their
personas to the heart of who they really are – the heroes of their own stories.
A native of Guam, Melia traded in warm, tropical breezes for the rainy Pacific
Northwest. She’s an avid reader who also loves romantic comedies – preferably
with a glass of CabSauv and a box of chocolates nearby. In her free time, she’s
busy conquering her CrossFit fears: ring dips, muscle snatches, and the dreaded
800 meter run. Her family appreciates her attempts at cooking and cleaning,
although she spends it mostly daydreaming about her characters, which sometimes
results in a burnt meal and a half-cleaned house.